Software
Houzz Logo Print
jrsquire1

Slope solutions

9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Hi All,

We moved into this house over the summer and I've been exploring options about what to do with this slope. The former owner covered it with river rock and attempted to place landscape plants on it. Needless to say, the river rock continually rolls into the gravel drive because of the slope.

My hope would be to use the same retaining block that was used on right side of the picture to increase the area of the side yard a little. I was curious if people would suggest a single wall, probably 7-8 ft wall off the side of the house or a tiered wall, maybe one 4 ft and the other 3 ft.

I'd love to hear input as to what you all would suggest regarding the design of the walls or whether you would suggest something else entirely. Thanks!

PS the landscape ties are just lying in the grass as a reference point for myself in this photo. They are not actually a part of the yard

Comments (3)