Software
Houzz Logo Print
prior1

Disgraceful bath before...Disgraceful bath after...

13 years ago
Sometimes you just accept things as they are...Then you realize...WHAT???

Comments (31)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Great Job,,,,impressive.
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks...The pics are not representative of what it looks like now.That and the lighting was pretty washed out. I've added some accessories and have an alternative look with white rug that I change every so often. There is a towel ring by the sink and a cedar lined closet with a custom two piece birdseye maple door that matches the vanity. The entry door is a clear birch solid core on modern barn door hardware...The shower nook replaced the tub and I dropped the tile ceiling in that area as an architectural element. The entire floor is a shower pan and the shower is curbless. I purposely eliminated a glass partition for the shower. My reasoning was one less thing that would require maintenance. It feels somewhat odd at first showering "in the open" but you soon get used to it and it feels free and open.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Again,,,,,,,great job. Show us the finished look.........please.
  • 13 years ago
    Great job, love the grey tiles. In many Asian countries that is the way the bathroom is set up, it's very handy for those with mobility problems.
  • 13 years ago
    Love the tile in the shower!
  • 13 years ago
    Its great!
  • 13 years ago
    More images...Med. cabinet mirror slides up to ceiling...Barn door hardware... :^)
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I own that clock but I don't that medicine cabinet......totally wow. Thank you for sharing more photos.
  • 13 years ago
    I saw that med. cabinet in a Ferguson showroom and HAD to have it! It was OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive there so I shopped around and found it on line and it was only halfway outrageously expensive...That was my splurge for the bath!
  • 13 years ago
    I ve a wet room and didnt like not haveing some privacy so I bought a 4 fold shower screen usually used on baths but I lowered to 1 foot from floor level It protects the rest of the room from spray and looks pretty against the wall ..........just an idea
  • 13 years ago
    Awesome bathroom, to steal a good descriptive word from my nephew. How did you come about the idea/hardware for the medicine cabinet? If you'll tell...
  • 13 years ago
    That is a good idea Rare Bird...The other element of my no glass was to force me to quick mop the floor after every shower...It takes about 30 secs. and keeps things nice and clean and stretches out the weekly cleaning. I'm a man...We have trouble with that... :^)
  • 13 years ago
    U push the panel back........no excuses mop that floor lol
  • 13 years ago
    I got the idea from my parents house My dad was in a wheelchair...............
  • 13 years ago
    Madeline...I find myself gravitating toward minimalist design and when I saw that med. cabinet it was like a light shining down on it from the sky and a heavenly choir :^) They can be had with heating elements to defog and some other stuff that I didn't see as useful enough to justify the added expense...I'm glad I splurged. I tried to convince myself on other cabinets but I kept going back to that one...You know it's the right one for you if every time you look at it it makes you feel something...
  • 13 years ago
    Well Rare Bird, like I said...I'm a man. It's just how we are...We can't really help it...
  • 13 years ago
    excuses excuses ;)
  • 13 years ago
    :^)
  • 13 years ago
    Very sharp! A small towel holder that matched the door handle would look perfect in there.
  • 13 years ago
    I contemplated that but space considerations and the wish to create a balance with other round shapes on the other side of the room (rain shower head/ handheld head/shower controls and the attachment shapes on the towel bars) made my decision to use the ring as a towel holder...
  • 13 years ago
    Beautiful!!
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Prior, congrats on your remodel! I like the horizontal tiles on the walls -- which brand and model ? The sliding barn door looks fantastic! What's the wood (maple?) and finish ? Is there a way to lock the barn door once it's closed, or is it "passage" only ?
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Ed, I have some tile left in a box but the writing isn't legible and there's nothing on the tile itself. I never really looked even at the brand. I went to the tile and stone place and it was the second one I saw...It was remarkable that, aside from some detail, it was exactly what I had in my minds' eye...
    The wood on the door is birch. The first one I got wasn't nearly as clear, color wise, but fortunately was damaged. The replacement was, by dumb luck, essentially all light colored wood. It looks remarkably like maple. The finish is just a clear poly...
    The door doesn't lock...There is a gap, due to the design of all barn door hardware, on either side of the door along the jam (the door sits off of the wall slightly), so you can see in or out to either side if you're so inclined. I'm not concerned about that but some might have reservations. I'm sure some kind of arrangement could be made to address that. I'm not sure what that would be given that the door has to slide and you wouldn't want whatever you use to scratch the door or the wall.
  • 13 years ago
    prior -- very interesting selection process! Did you also pick the grout color, or did you let the tile setters decide for you ? :)
  • 13 years ago
    That is absolutely beautiful! Oh that shower, sigh...
  • 13 years ago
    The grout color I picked...Came down to black or that shade of gray...I thought the gray, being more subtle would be the way to go...
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks everybody for the props. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I'm glad others agree... :^)
  • 13 years ago
    winniegirl, why "Oh that shower, sigh..." ?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Beautiful!! Love the shower.
  • 13 years ago
    My shower - Raspberry Swirl, a lovely color. If you're 7 and still believe in fairies. Like my daughter. "Our bathroom is so pretty Mommy!"
    Teeny tiny - also great, if your under 12
    And I would be giddy in a slighty drafty shower in place of a curtain that never seems completely clean. Maybe I'll just rip that curtain down right now!