Software
Houzz Logo Print
da_teng

How to decorate my living room

9 years ago
Need some help to make living room pretty, and some ideas about what to put on the blank wall

Comments (8)

  • 9 years ago
    Thanks a lot for the reply! I think what you said makes sense. There are three windows behind that curtain. Do you think I should lower the curtain? But would that be weird, if it is not all the way up. And what color would you recommend to put for curtain as well as area rug.

    I put another idea to work with the black sofa. Is it better?
  • 9 years ago

    would like to replace rug, pillows, curtains

    Area Rugs - Indoor & Floor Rugs | Hayneedle - Page 3 · More Info


    Varick Gallery Beach Channel Indigo Area Rug & Reviews | AllModern · More Info
    do you like these


  • 9 years ago
    the curtain is too heavy feeling. the second picture you showed is much better as it breaks up the heavy feel to it. breaks between the curtains and maybe a lighter curtain color might go well. sheers would work better if you plan on putting it all over that wall.
  • 9 years ago

    Hi Da Teng - would you please open the curtains and show us the three windows? Is there a view or do you need privacy?

    In the picture you sent of different curtains, I still think there is too much white - I would try and find fabric that has more black and more of the colors of the floor in it plus an accent color.

    From the start you asked help with making the room "more pretty" but with the black sofa - that is a bit tricky. They read masculine.

    I would move away from grays and stick with the tans from the flooring and blacks with an accent color.

    If you send us a picture of an area rug you LOVE then we can work on the window treatments and pillows and art, etc.


  • 9 years ago

    The height is ok, but you need to take away the valance and put a matching pair of drapes on the small window.

  • 9 years ago
    We are still waiting for a picture of the three windows. Is there a view or not? The floor looks like it is gray and beige. The walls appear to be cream. The rug is very small for the huge sectional.
    Without other information or photos, I will make a couple of suggestions: remove the drapes and valance. Cover the three windows with sheers and add a panel in the corner, between the windows and to the right of the third window. If you need to cover the windows for privacy, make the panels movable to cover one or more window. Buy a much larger patterned rug to run the long length of the sectional, and at least the front legs of the sectional should be on the rug. Personally, I would have the rug 12" longer and 12" wider than the sectional measurements and I would lay the rug into the corner. The rug and the drapery panels should have colors in common to tie them together. With a large-scale sectional, you need large accessories and a large floor lamp and coffee table.
  • 9 years ago

    Yes, all windows in the room need the same curtains or drapes.