Software
Houzz Logo Print
matea_music

What sofa with this persian rug?

9 years ago

Hi there. Can you help me with some ideas on how to decorate the lounge with this rug as a centerpiece? The room isn't the brightest so I thought that going in with darker shades wouldn't be the smartest idea. The floor is shiny golden wood.

Comments (21)

  • 9 years ago

    I would get a neutral color such as the one I've posted below.


    Kensington 3-Seater Sofa · More Info

    Matea Music thanked maree85
  • PRO
    9 years ago

  • 9 years ago

    That is a beautiful rug!

    Matea Music thanked grapefruit1_ar
  • 9 years ago

    Stunning rug. I think you should stay light with the sofa. I like Mary's suggestion, but light tan is also a good option for a warm look.


    Flagstaff Queen Sleeper Sofa, Jive Tan · More Info

    Matea Music thanked Rina
  • 9 years ago

    Do you know the style of this persian?


    I agree it is gorgeous. I think dark dark blue would look stunning. I love dark blue though, so maybe others have better ideas.




    Matea Music thanked DH
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Rina, I thought gold at first also, but that is not the color in the rug, and it's doesn't look great with the rug

    Matea Music thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • 9 years ago

    Thank you people , I love your ideas! I agree, light beige is a lovely color but I'm afraid it wouldn't match. It would if the rug was a bit washed out . This velvet blue is amazing *_* if only our lounge was brighter , I'd definitely go with that.
    I think I will go with this golden tone :)
    Thank you everbody.

    Designhome, it says it's handmade from Afganistan, that's only thing I know. We got it for 1k euros , it was on -50% ! Dimension 2.5m x 3m (I'm from Croatia.)

  • 9 years ago

    Basically an 8 x 10 ft rug. But the picture looks more like a runner?

  • 9 years ago

    leelee, angles :D

    Esmaili Rugs, thanks!

  • 9 years ago

    Awesome Info Esmaili

  • 9 years ago

    Aha!

  • PRO
    9 years ago
    I like the blue! You're referring to the area as a lounge and not too bright. If there are no windows you could improve the lighting. There are some gorgeous ceiling light fixtures. A colorful painting would be awesome too. Sometimes dark can be very dramatic!
    Matea Music thanked SJS Interiors
  • PRO
    9 years ago


    inspirational photos


  • 9 years ago
    thank you @esmaili & @mateo
    Matea Music thanked DH
  • 9 years ago

    Beautiful rug -- I think a classic chesterfield in maybe a cognac leather would be well, classic. (and comfy!) While Iove a beige couch, my experience is that they show dirt easily. The leather looks better every year.

    Matea Music thanked coopermcboo
  • 9 years ago

    Beverly, thanks for the comment and mock up. I'm never too sure about exact colours on screen -- what I meant I guess is that Matea could find a sofa that did blend with the gold/tan/whatever in the carpet. I remember happily working on someone's green room until I saw more pictures and it was actually lavender. Oh dear. Nice thread, Matea . Elephant Foot. Isn't that great?

    Matea Music thanked Rina
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    A very light colored sofa might work well with the rug you have presented us with. The images below are a few designs of ours with sofas that could work.

    Contemporary Scottsdale Home · More Info

    Southwestern Living Room · More Info

    Matea Music thanked Design Directives, LLC
  • 9 years ago
    What's your style? A medium brown leather in a mid century style would be great if that's the look you are going for.
    Matea Music thanked ycity
  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    As I mentioned above, the room is not the brightest unfortunately, but this idea with improving lighting is great . I think nice lamps would create even better atmosphere.

    I love the sofas Design Directives posted. I thought about exact style, lighter sofa, but then add pillows in rug colors to even out.
    Ycity, we're not brave (or experienced :D ) enough to go all in with modern chic, or any over the top style. we thought having this rug as a centerpiece and everything else very neutral. I love all suggestions here.
    There are so much details to think about!! I'm so happy I came across this website.
    Thank you all, I will post pictures when we finish our lounge.

  • 9 years ago

    Forgot to mention, I love this style with brick wall that Esmaili posted. it's just, in our case, the rug is navy blue and sofa would be this lighter color.