Software
Houzz Logo Print
ryan_yarbrough95

Need help with picking coffee table

9 years ago

Hi everyone.. hoping I can get some help here. My fiance and I are getting our own place together and have had to buy new furniture. We are moving into an open floor plan apartment. We are having custom sofa and love seat made which I will upload the colors swatches. The material with the design is our accent pillows and the other is the sofa color with the nailheads we chose. Then there is a picture of the dining table we just purchased that she loved. Now we are having a tough time finding a coffee and end table that will flow in our space. I will upload an option but wondering what your thoughts are... is it to dark?

Comments (11)

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    I like your choices, and the coffee table you're considering is very pretty. It's not an exact match to your dining set, but that's ok - a space actually looks best when the colors and wood tones harmonize but are a bit different. You might even consider looking for end tables that don't match the coffee table. I personally think that's a much more interesting look. It makes a room feel like it's been collected over time - again, just something that I think adds more interest.

    Ryan Yarbrough thanked User
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Personally I think the cocktail table blends well with the dining table. Another consideration is how it will fit into the space size wise

    Ryan Yarbrough thanked Elite Interiors & Furniture Gallery
  • 9 years ago

    Hi thank you... Here's a picture of the style of sofa we are having made. Only difference is the color and that the arms will be slanted out slightly w ith nailheads. I like large coffee tables around 50x30. I guess my main question is if you think that coffee table compliments the dining table...

  • 9 years ago

    Elite interiors we are mounting our tv on the wall so it should fit very well as we won't have a tv stand :) ty

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    IdaClair we only have room for one end table and that coffee table comes with one but yeah I found another one end table I might like better for the space. Here is the one that comes with that table and then the one I was considering also buying

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Your choice for end table is beautiful and will look lovely with the other choices- much better than the one that matches the coffee table. Someday, if you move to a bigger space, it will also allow you to find another complementary end table should you need one, instead of having one matched and one mismatched.

  • 9 years ago

    I agree with Olychick. That round end table is gorgeous and will work well with the other pieces you've chosen. Nice selections!

  • 9 years ago

    Since the coffee table you like comes with an end table, what if you used that end table in your bedroom? Looks like it would make a nice bedside table as well.

  • 9 years ago

    Olychick they have two of those. Found it at a consignment store. I might pick them both up. I appreciate everyone's help so far. Nice to see others opinions. I will discuss with my fiance and then once we move in I'll post pics. Still have a week and a half.

  • 9 years ago

    Grab those tables before someone else does! Gorgeous.