Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sschmidt70

Are the counters marble or a Caesar Stone type material?

sschmidt70
11 years ago
H
Greenbrae, CA · More Info

Comments (8)

• PRO
    Urrutia Design
    11 years ago
    The counters are white carrera marble.
    --Jason Urrutia/Urrutia Design
  • jmaurry
    10 years ago
    Where did you source the marble? I have been all over the Bay Area (Da Vinci, IRG, many in the east bay) and have yet to find the right slab. I"m looking for a smaller slab for just an island. Also, I'm torn between marble on my island with young kids (boys), vs caesarstone. My island is a grayish/brown. What are your thoughts on marble for families?
  • PRO
    Urrutia Design
    10 years ago
    We always use marble, granite, concrete or wood for counters. White Carrera Marble is a favorite of ours. If you're looking for something slightly different try Calacutta or Thasos.
    --Jason Urrutia/Urrutia Design
  • jmaurry
    10 years ago
    Thanks very much!
  • jmaurry
    10 years ago
    Granite Grannies and Urrutia- where are the granite "distributors" in my area? I live in San Carlos, near Da Vinci marble which I seem to frequent on an all to regular basis. I have not found any granites that are white enough. And most of the white Carreras are very gray, it's hard to find those "soft" ones that aren't too gray. Are there any other places off the beaten path that have good slabs?
  • PRO
    Granite Grannies
    10 years ago
    @jmaurry Since we're on the east coast, I don't know what suppliers/ distributors are near you. You should try finding a fabricator (installer) you trust, and ask them to send you to all their suppliers. Sometimes it can be hard to find the suppliers because they only market themselves to fabricators.
  • jmaurry
    10 years ago
    Thanks- I thought one of you was on the West Coast. Will do!