Software
Houzz Logo Print
mickdarfran

Floor

9 years ago
Which colour is featured here?
New Hardwood Flooring · More Info

Comments (22)

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Chestnut.

  • 9 years ago
    Can you comment on hazelwood hardness and durability? We really love this floor!
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    We love our Iberian Hazelwood floor, too (t's so pretty!). It's also very durable. That's because all of our hardwood floors are "engineered" which just refers to the way in which they're made. They made of several layers or "plies" that are glued together in a cross-grain construction. This type of construction is far stronger than a single piece of olid wood and more structurally sound so the floors won't buckle, gap, cup or twist. We have lots of information about our hardwood flooring (including its eco aspects) on our website. It's worth taking a few minutes to read about them. Here's a link: http://www.mannington.com/Residential/Hardwood/About-Engineered-Hardwood. Thanks for your interest in Mannington. Have a great day!

  • 9 years ago

    Website mentions nothing about the hardness of this flooring.

  • 8 years ago
    We are looking at this flooring as well. I am not finding any information related to Hazelwood and durability.
  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    I purchased this flooring in Macadamia to be installed next week. It was listed as birch from the seller and now find it is Hazelwood. Can not find any information on Hazelwood. Waiting on a response from Mannington.

  • 8 years ago
    Karen.. would love to see a picture of your floors when you get them installed.
  • 8 years ago
    Does anyone have a picture of what the Iberian Hazelwood macadamia floor looks like installed other than the stock photo shown on Mannington website?
  • 8 years ago

    We are in the process of installing now. I will post a picture when we have enough done to show. From what I have down so far I can tell you it’s beautiful.

  • 8 years ago
    Karen thank you! Excited to see it.
  • 8 years ago
    Hi Karen. We are getting ready to make a decision on the flooring for our new home and would love to see a picture of your recently installed floors. Do you have a photo you can share?
  • 8 years ago

    We finally got it done and able to move some furniture in. I really like it. If you haven’t already made a decision and still considering this one I would try to find out what kind of wood it is. This is our first time ever installing wood so we have nothing to compare for quality. I have though been waiting 3 weeks for someone to tell me what kind of wood it is. Sold as birch, labeled as Hazelwood, Bounced back and forth by Mannington between Hazelwood?? And Birch.

  • 8 years ago

    Here is another angle.

  • 8 years ago
    Looks beautiful! Thanks for the information. We are struggling with flooring decisions for our main floor and seeing pics really helps. I have not had any luck finding out more about the Iberian Hazelwood either.
  • 8 years ago

    I can tell you they are distressed with matte finish which works well for me with 2 dogs but it’s not for everyone. I hope the info helps. I had a hard time deciding as well. Good luck.

  • PRO
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Iberian Hazelwood is the name of the wood species of this floor. It's a European, sustainable birch sub-species. Hope this helps!

  • 7 years ago

    this is Mannington Iberian hazlewood Almond I just had installed! I love it! it is matte and distressed, so if any damage does occur it would be hard to see!

  • 7 years ago

    I just brought this sample home today, and still trying to make a decision. I do like it very much, and so glad to see your photo. I'm getting white cabinets and using pale gray wall paint.. Can you take photos of your flooring from different angles so I can get a better grasp on its character and color? Thanks so much!!

  • 7 years ago

    Dear Mattington,

    Is Iberian Hazelwood harder than While Oak or Hickory?

  • 7 years ago

    Will Iberian Hazelwood hold up for a 40 lb dog? We are having trouble with our soft Acacia flooring and would like to change to another harder engineering flooring.

  • 7 years ago

    I have 2 French Bulldogs and I can see scratches all over the floor. It’s distressed and very light (Macadamia color) so not terribly obvious but I would say it is a softer wood.