Software
Houzz Logo Print
michael_roberts

Farm table vanity advice

13 years ago
I have a collection of old wood..... am thinking about building a simple farm table vanity with big, thick, old, rough-hewn hardwood pieces... simple, open structure. Not sure what to do about the top. Options: concrete with a dark plaster-texture finish, an unusual piece of surplus granite I found with brown veins and quartz crystals, or maybe sealed wood. As a primary master bath we use every day and night, I guess wood is not practical. Any thoughts?

I have some 1" thick, rougn, very wide black walnut.... but working with it and retainign the rough fininish....then sealing the rough finish, seems daunting. Anyone done anything like this b/4?

I am a hobbiest woodworker on a budget, not a contractor. I think the project is well within my ability, and might even attempt the granite work myself. mroberts@villagelife.com
farm table vanity, vanity, powder room, salvaged wood, reclaimed wood, · More Info

Comment