Software
Houzz Logo Print
qcade5871

Finally found my dining table w39 L71

9 years ago
I'm trying to give my home a more modern appeal and I think I just found a table I love...what's your thoughts?

Comments (260)

  • 9 years ago
    Will I need a rug grabber under the flokati rug appears not, but I'm not for sure. My peers are like what are you doing over there lol?
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    qcade5871 We make dining tables that may fit your "modern" look and are made from solid wood. We design and build everything in Los Angeles, CA.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    You need a rug-to-hardwood floor rug pad for the Flokati rug. Keeps them from slipping around.

  • PRO
    9 years ago


    Super Hold Natural Rubber Square Rug Pad, 11x11 · More Info
    This is best type.

  • 9 years ago
    Great will get one. Do you like the cement round tables for the great room or are they a little industrial looking?
  • 9 years ago
    These are nice as well for the great room
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Truthfully, I am not in love with them. I think you want a "chic" look in the dining room and the end table you just got is more "chic" looking to me. I'm not sure you need any more tables. I like the "tulip" design. Maybe in metal?

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    You only need a small round table for these chairs, no larger than 18" round and better if smaller. Remember, they are only going to be used by a guest to set a cocktail or coffee cup. Don't need much. I would wait until you find the chairs. Never know. A "C" table might work well too.

    Bernhardt, Marston Ivory Marble Pull-Up Table · More Info
    This "C" table in chrome. Slides under sofa or chair as needed. Very versatile and easy to pull around.

  • 9 years ago
    I saw that table online at 2 modern I think. I hold out. the chairs are done lol the ones that no one likes lol.
  • PRO
    9 years ago


    DUFFY Side Table, White · More Info
    Interesting one that would go with the coffee table you posted with the wave glass. $$$$

  • PRO
    9 years ago


    Cooper Silver Leaf Iron/Mirror Accent Table · More Info
    I like this one. It also nods to the design on the black and black wallpaper in dining room! Very cool. $451.25. 14.5" round x 21.5" h Very nice size.

  • 9 years ago
    I ordered 2 for the sides of the chairs. If it looks to busy I can always use one in another room
  • 9 years ago
    I really missed working on the house and now I'm back. My house is full of boxes so I can't wait for this weekend to start putting things together. I'm still looking for a dining from rug, the perfect table piece and of course chairs. I like this rug what are your thoughts?
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Hey! I was just thinking about you this morning and was going to send you a message! Glad you are back and in the design mode again. I guess you didn't go for the rug with the white design and black background? The one above from AllModern looks pretty traditional to me? I have to look it up and get a better look at it. It also looks like it is purple and gray? bbl

  • 9 years ago
    What's your thoughts? I'm thinking it's clashing some.
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I think it can work, but perhaps with the large base and less "visual" look at the rug, you could do something more "uniform" and not patterned. You won't see much pattern, unless it is a border type look. I haven't had time to look at the one you posted, but you would cover all but the purple boarder which I don't think would look quite right. I think you should stick with black and gray something.

  • 9 years ago
    I really like this one. I have no idea how much it cost!
  • 9 years ago
    I luv the juju rug....we're just messing around with it, but I think it's centered!
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Gorgeous! Love the Juju on the fireplace. Coffee table might be better turned the other way? Just depends on who sits where on the sofa. You will adjust that when the sofa arrives. The black and white rug is awesome too. I tried to find the price on the rug--nothing. That means you have to call for price. You know what that means! $$$$$ But it is really nice. Pretty thick pile so might not be best for dining room? Hard to move chairs, concrete would crush.

  • 9 years ago
    Glad you like it. I plan to call painters this weekend to get an estimate on the dining room painted black. Just the inside of the room it where the wallpaper will go and paint the wainscoting black as well right?

    I will look for three other rug choices and choose one bc the sideboard has shipped, which means it may not be long before I receive the call about the table. I hope to be ready. The more I look at the table the more I love it. I thought my husband would grouch at the cost of stuff, but he has not said anything which means he likes it. I'm so happy.
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Fantastic. Are you still going to do the wallpaper? That would go on the long wall you face looking into the room. I would leave the wainscoting white (or the current color) and only do above the wainscoting the black on the walls. What color do you want the ceiling? Don't forget that is a wall too. If you want silver chandelier, I would do your ceiling in a silver look. That would be stunning too. Do the black on the walls make sure you do that in a flat finish. Doing the ceiling now is very important, because after you get that table, you aren't going to be moving it!

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    btw, you got a fantastic rug in the family room. Sometimes, this type rug is a bit of a risk, but that one is totally fantastic. The depth of the pile is so lush!

  • 9 years ago
    Thank you. I found these three during lunch today will still need to do the research on them price avail size etc if they don't work I will go with the original one
  • 9 years ago
    Yes, I am doing the wallpaper. I'll look over your note about the paint, but it seems like your saying just do the wallpaper and leave the accessible beige on the other walls and the wainscoting to remain white. The ceiling is white with a gray trim. I will post a pic this evening.
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    No, I'm saying do the black wallpaper above the wainscoting on the long wall. Black paint above the wainscoting on the remaining walls. No Accessible Beige in the dining room. Intimate, contemporary, cool. Consider painting ceiling a silver metallic if we do a silver mirror and silver chandelier. But you have to decide that now, because of the weight of the table! :)

  • PRO
    9 years ago
    I like the arabesque one.
  • 9 years ago
    The payment is in euros likely the rug would be coming from France and could take weeks to get here. I think I'd better not risk that. I will keep looking. I understand about the paint. My daughter is checking with her painter to see if he is avail this weekend or Monday. Such a small area likely ok to go with a less expensive private painter than the company we've used before.
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    As long as they know how to protect your wainscoting and other trim areas, because black paint is wicked to get off. Have to be careful with it on flooring as well. Darn, I like that arabesque one (I would, expensive and from France!). I like that it has kind of a border design which would "frame" your table so nicely. OK, we will keep hunting.

  • 9 years ago
    Hmmmm I vote for number one.
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Yup. Me too I think that would go well with your table. And not compete with your wallpaper.
  • 9 years ago
    It's coming together. I've been jammed at work do no paint or wallpaper as of yet... just a f/u will start back o work on it soon
  • 9 years ago
    Opps my spelling and grammar just terrible lol
  • 9 years ago
    My table is small but we love it the French wood is amazing
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Wow! The cement is much whiter than I expected but great. Hoping chairs fit reasonably well under it? Love the French wood too. Hope you are feeling better and get more progress. One tiny detail, move your coffee table closer to your sofa. Should be about 18" from front edge of sofa edge.

  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Hope things are coming along? Any update?
  • 9 years ago
    Hi, it has slowed down, but please don't give up on me I'm a strong finisher lol (Detroit Cass Tech Track). I finally found a painter recommended by a neighbor and I purchased a mirror. I can always use it downstairs If you think its wrong for the space. Delivery is between June 15th til end of July. I have had some issues getting a door for by bedroom credenza from wayfair resolved. I've received the wrong one 2x. Annoying.
  • 9 years ago
    I also found these draperies. I love the price lol. I was thinking I can use them for the summer and change them out in the winter for a heavier fabric. a gray velvet would be nice for Christmas. Let me know your thoughts please?
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I like the drapery, but the stark white might be too stark. Maybe one of the other choices? Length? Make sure that is right. Think about the color of the base of your table and work toward that shade. Otherwise, you are going to start really confusing the eye.

  • 9 years ago
    Thank you. I will look at the other choices. the base of the table looks lighter in the pic than it really is. I'm guessing you did not like the starburst I ordered lol?

    Hold your breath and sleep on this before you answer this one as well lol
  • 9 years ago
    Oops I'm thinking lucite chairs for the dining room. Remember I'm Georgia by way of Detroit and visualize this for a moment and see if it grows on you. I know I know breath and sleep on it lol
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Very funny. You are correct, not crazy about that mirror. I think due to the size of the wall and the buffet you need a slightly larger "all mirrors" round. Let me find one for you. bbl

  • PRO
    9 years ago
    This one. Love it.
  • 9 years ago
    I found the one pictured on April 9th, but never looked back at my camera. I saw the one I picked
    On a recent houz video and did that impulse purchase that I usually regret. My basement will be a combination of impulse shopping. I do love yours. I need to find a place for the crap I already bought lol
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    You are too funny! Retailers depend on "impulse buyers"! You are assisting the economy!

  • 9 years ago
    I'm hearing something totally diff....did we really need that dear lol. I was able to cancel the order on amazon for the starburst mirror.
  • 9 years ago
    Hey did you sleep in the lucite chairs
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    I have slept on lucite chairs and I don't think they fit the overall grand look you are going for. Nor are they comfortable enough for a leisurely dinner. You are going to have to be quite careful what you select due to the pillar base of the table. Leg/knee room looks like it might be a issue. ;/.
  • 9 years ago
    I'm full of ideas
  • 9 years ago
    How about leather benches on the ends and the other two chairs leather with ostrich fabric on the opposite sides.
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Benches are ok for kids but adults not so much. The emu is quite textured so it looks good but if you have to sit on it too long it might be better to do something smoother. Personal choice.
Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!