Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tristin_idaho

Grass won't grow tall

tristin_idaho
7 years ago

So I'm in Idaho, zone three. The snow just left, and it's starting to get warm. Last fall I planted Outsidepride Legacy Fine Fescue which has hard fescue, chewings fescue and creeping red fescue. I planted roughly 6-7 weeks before the snow came. It popped out of the ground super quick, and everything was looking good. However it grew to a point and then stopped. It made it to about an inch high with tiny tiny blades. So I made it out to be due to root growth and fall conditions. In fact I was worried it would die over the winter.

So fast forward to today. It survived the winter great, but grew again with these tiny tiny blades (I know fine fescue is tiny, but not this tiny). And barely growing out of the ground.

Any idea of what this could be? I mean it's growing, had enough roots to survive the winter, but apparently not enough roots to grow high? Also. A few areas I aerated before planting and no difference.

The pictures are of just one area that this seed was planted, but it's everywhere. And in one area, where the grass wasn't even supposed to be planted because it's the soon to be flower bed, its growing great.

Comments (4)