Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tazena

18" Dishwasher-help deciding or experience-Miele, Bosch or Gaggeneau

tazena
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

My kitchen is small. With the remodel, I am going to have to get an 18" DW. I want it fully integrated. It's down to three models (there might be others that can be recommended).

G4780SCVI - Miele Dimension SlimLine EcoFlex Fully Integrated Dishwasher

SPV68U53UC - Bosch 800 Series 18 Inch Fully Integrated Dishwasher
DF250740 - Gaggenau 200 Series 18 Inch Fully Integrated Dishwasher

The Miele and Bosch are ADA compliant which can be troublesome from an integrated perspective. The Bosch has a review that said that it can't be perfectly aligned so that either it sits high from the toe kick or that it needs a filler piece at the top. Making it look like it's too small for the space. A longer panel isn't an option with the Bosch because then it won't open. The Miele seems to allow it to have a longer panel to fix the sight line problem and being able to open. But I haven't been able to verify that yet. The Gaggenau is not ADA compliant but I don't know enough about the DW line.

I am leaning toward the Miele but it comes in one flavor that does not seem to have any of the new and improved functions (door opening when it's done, 3D cutlery tray, etc.)

Does anyone have any experience with these models?

Anyone have any recommendations to which would be a better choice.

Comments (9)

• hvtech42
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

All 18" dishwashers are ADA compliant, including the Gaggenau even though it doesn't say so. Look at the dimensions, they're exactly the same as the Bosch. In fact the Gaggenau is just the same machine as the Bosch with a price markup, you're paying for the name. They all will have legs that will let you raise them to fit under a standard countertop and a toekick piece to accomodate the extra height.

They all should look good when installed properly and are high quality, German made units.

• tazena
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks for the information especially about the Gaggenau.

I was able to view the Bosch and Miele yesterday. If I put the Bosch to counter height it will not be inline with the bottom of the rest of the cabinets. The Miele can have a longer front panel. So visually the Miele will work. They both are still vanilla DW's. Paying a premium price for vanilla DW's just makes me frustrated. I don't have the space to put in a 24". *sigh*

• tazena
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Well that changes things and puts the Bosch back into the hunt. Thanks

• Macswim
    6 years ago

Tazena, I am curious what you end up with. I decided to go with the Bosch, but haven't bought it yet bc kitchen is still gutted.

Did you go with a 30" or less refrigerator too since you have a small kitchen? That has been the bain for me!

tazena thanked Macswim
  • tazena
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

We decided to go with the Bosch. My husband liked the construction better than the Miele which seemed flimsy. We also have decided to go with a 24" Sub-Zero column with 24" undercounter freezer drawers as yet to be determined. I like the Fischer and Paykel better than the Sub-Zero. That is going to be in a corner that was going to be long term storage but I had to give it up. 30" frig would have been giving up the Miele Speed oven or storage. The Speed Oven won. There is a 15" under counter freezer by Summit that is integrated. But it is just a bit too small for our needs.

• tazena
    Original Author
    6 years ago

ops - to answer your question - We looked at the 24" combo Sub-Zero. WOW was it small. We always have
    lots of fresh veggies and fruits. It would have been really cramped. I
    am happy that we decided to go with a frig column.You have too look an=d decide which is better for you. Only you know how much frig you need or freezer space. We had looked at the Sub-Zero built in 30" (it has better freezer space for our needs - more frig less freezer than the 30" integrated) But to make it sort of look integrated it actually comes out as 34". Too much real estate.

• hvtech42
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Good choice with the Bosch! Really the most important thing with 18" dishwashers is to stay away from the Midea crap that is being sold under the GE, Frigidaire, Whirlpool, etc. brand names.

• regina_mary24
    3 years ago

Miele was the only 18" that would fit with my 18" IKEA cabinet face. Be careful re: what cover you are using. Super happy with my choice.