Software
Houzz Logo Print
emily_chapman71

Kitchen Island Problem: Overhang is too large

9 years ago

I made a big mistake last week, when our countertop guy came to do the field measurement. After months of carefully planning our kitchen, I let him talk me into doing a slightly larger overhang at the last minute. It wasn't much of a difference, just two inches, but now that the counters have been installed, I know it was a mistake. I actually was probably pushing it at the original measurement. The overhang intrudes into the walkway space and visually overpowers our kitchen. Anyhow, is it at all possible to get the size of a stone overhang reduced after install or do we need to have them remove the countertop and do it in the shop. Or do i just have to live with it? I want to lose 2, maybe 3 inches.

Comments (3)