Software
Houzz Logo Print
josh_babb

Shrinking the Base Plate to 1.5" or 1.75"

9 years ago
Hello! I need to order between 6 and 9 of these awesome rods, in the 6" variety (for 10" deep shelves) - but need the base plate to be smaller. My shelf thickness is just shy of 2" on the beams I am using and I want to hide the entire base plate. Is it possible to have the base plates reduced in size on the order I put through? If so, how do I go about doing so?

Thanks!
Punky Hill Invisible Shelf Bracket for Floating Shelf Appearance, 6" · More Info

Comments (6)

  • 9 years ago

    Thanks Stevie!

    I appreciate you cutting them down to size! Just ordered 6 of them, because I realized we are actually only going to do 3 shelves...and each span will only be 33"...so I think the best I can do when mounting these to the studs is 2 per shelf. Is that correct?

    How much weight can I expect these to safely hold with a 10" deep shelf that's 2" thick and 33" long?

    Thanks!

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Josh:

    A shelf that size will weigh approximately 15 lbs. Each bracket has a safe weight of 25 lbs. so your top safe shelf weight will be around 35 lbs. We will ship your brackets out in the morning.

    Thanks,

    Stevie

  • 9 years ago
    Wow that's amazing! You already cut them down to size? That's amazing - thanks for doing that so fast!
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Josh:

    Let us know if you have any installation questions.

    Stevie

  • 9 years ago
    Thank you!