Software
Houzz Logo Print
paolampreble

400,000 home in GA not include a backsplash?

9 years ago
Bought a Spec home 1/2 finished, builder promised we could make changes that were not already placed in home. After intent and offer received, he went ahead and installed tile that we did not pick and pretty much ran with what he decided not us. Has now told us that kitchen does not include backsplash and if we wanted it, we needed to do it ourselves. I find it unbelievable that a home in this price range in an area where the median home sells in the mid 200's would not include. Backsplash in the kitchen. Anybody else had issues like this?

Comments (3)

  • 9 years ago

    Homes typically don't come with backsplash especially if you are buying in a planned community, mine $500,00 in the DC area

  • 9 years ago
    Thank you for the input. I suppose I have to accept this. It just totally boggles my mind because a "backsplash" is not a very expensive item (for example if using subway tile) compared to other items.
  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Spec houses are built on the cheap, for maximum visual effect, and minimum financial outlay. A Backsplash ain't the only thing you're not getting. I'd be more worried about the cheap windows, questionable insulation, low SEER HVAC, and the usual lack of usable and user friendly electrical. The invisible infrastructure is far more important than a $1500 tile job that you will never get.