Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
okusa24

Tv over fireplace advice?

okusa24
10 years ago
Im interested in the same awesome set up you have, any advice on hanging a 52" TV over a 46" linear gas fireplace?
How far away should the TV be from the fireplace and I dont want to add a mantle is that ok? any insullation ideas inside the wall i should add?
please help....
SYNERGY, Great Room · More Info

Comments (11)

• okusa24
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you so much for your advice DC.
    I like the look of a flush wall and noticed this one doesn't have a mantle. Can I make mine without a mantle and is it even worth making a mantle that's very thin?

Keep in mind that the fireplace will only be on for looks and not a daily thing.

Thanks for ur reply!
  • PRO
    DC Fine Homes Inc.
    10 years ago
    I would say a mantel is not fully necessary. It does help disperse heat, however. I would say a mantel less than a 6" projection looks odd, and wouldn't be worth it. We had talked about doing a steel I-beam for looks but decided this would be cleaner looking....and you are welcome!
  • okusa24
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    ya I thought about adding a 3" mantle and adding the exact same stone that I will be using for the full wall on it to blend it in but I dont know if that will look nice and flush like yours.
  • okusa24
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Hey DC, i have another question, since the bottom of the fireplace is fully covered (the section where the mechanics are located) with the material you used for the wall, how would you ever get back into it if something were to mechanically go wrong with the fireplace?
  • PRO
    DC Fine Homes Inc.
    10 years ago
    That particular fireplace is serviced by taking off the glass....
  • okusa24
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    thank you for all your help!
  • PRO
    Vintage Denver Homes, LLC
    9 years ago
    If the glass of my fireplace is 60 inches wide, what size of a tv can I buy to achieve this look?
  • PRO
    DC Fine Homes Inc.
    9 years ago
    I believe we did a 55" to achieve a balance.
  • Tracy
    9 years ago

manufacturer of fireplace please?

• grenke
    7 years ago

What finishing product was used for the hearth?