Software
Houzz Logo Print
confusedtenant123

Signed lease and paid security deposit, having second thoughts...

Hi, I recently moved cross country to Philadelphia. I applied for an apartment, paid non-refundable $35 fee, a $100 holding fee, and a $985 security deposit. I foolishly signed the lease and made all the payments without seeing the apartment unit I would be renting. I saw a similar unit that the leasing agent claimed "was exactly the same" and trusted her word and decided to move forward with the lease.
However, when I went to see the actual room, it was not what I wanted. I asked her to give me another room, but nothing is available until 2 weeks after the move in date I requested. I agreed to this, but I now have an opportunity to move in to a better space and would like to cancel the lease with the previous apartment and move in to this new space.
Am I able to terminate the lease and receive the security deposit and holding fee?

Comments (2)

Sponsored