seamama75

Carrara Caldia quartz

seamama75
Is anyone familiar with Carrara Caldia quartz? It is a new release from MSI so there isn't much info to be found on the web. I saw it at a slab wear house today and really liked it, but want to be very certain there are NO PINK undertones to it. It looked lovely in their lighting and I didn't see any pink when I held a white subway tile next to it, but I'm no pro. They did not have any samples for me to bring home yet, as it is a very new release.

• Jane Castrignano

Hi and thanks for the information on Carrara Caldia Quatrz. We ended up going with Blue fantasy quartzite (although one of the sellers called it Hurricane blue). I'm a bit apprehensive about the strength of the stone and read on here that I should have dropped the sample on the floor to see if it shatters. Well we didn't and I'm getting delivery on Monday. I was interested in marble but read quatrzite is stronger and etches less. I will post some pics.

• Rachel Ward
    ENG- They are Waypoint. I can’t speak to their durability yet but they are lovely and fit our budget.

Angled backsplash

i think it looks good 'stepped back' with a small reveal. that said, the angles dont align which undoes the nice reveal. i'd not bother about it tho.

Pompeii Carrara Quartz pictures?

You need to go see the slabs IN PERSON and pick the EXACT SLAB that will be in your home

help with brown quartz countertop and Carrara marble backsplash

leave the classic cabinets as is....I wouldn't even add hardware as there is a bit of a bevel for finger grip. Someone goofed a bit when it came to counter and backsplash....but its not the end of the earth. I'd get a dark slate/stone look vinyl sheet floor.....minimal veining ...nearly solid in other words. They can install it over the green stuff that's there. In a way...that sort of thing on the floor will make the backsplash "pop" a bit and then counters get so much on them I think the counter will be less an issue for a while. Wait then till you get time to look at things in a more coordinated way.

Carrara Marmi Quartz counter with white cabinets

so you have to pay 7 grand MORE for something you don't really like? Quite honestly you could pay 7 grand AFTER you move in and get exactly what you do like. (prob less, depending on how large the kitchen is. Is there a large countertop AND an island? or just a countertop?) take the standard gray/black granite and NO tile backsplash, and then hire someone after you move in to get the countertop you like. This way you can take your time and look around for something better. . (is the backsplash standard??? is that gray glass tile what you want?) did you want a marble look-alike quartz?
  • indygirl98
    Thank you to everyone that posted pictures! They all look beautiful and reassured me that this counter top will be beautiful once installed!
  • Pat Tattersall

Has anyone tried this with light gray cabinets? If so, can you plse post pictures!

• patti_bee

We just had this installed in our bath today and love it. We didn't do gray cabinets but our floors are gray tile with a stone look and they look lovely together. The Caldia will look great with grey cabinets.

• Pat Tattersall

Thks! Great to know!

• kristi harless

Just had ours installed yesterday and I'm in love!!!

• Nicole Faircloth

Noticed you had Waypoint cabinets. Are you happy with the cabinets so far? Thank you

• S D
    We just had Caldia installed in laundry room and kids bathroom. The maple cabinets will stay in the laundry and the kids bathroom cabinets will be painted white duck (SW) since that is the color of our trim anyway. It’s more of a creamy white. I think the Caldia looks fine with maple or white or gray cabinets. Wall color is still TBD.
  • brmkbl
    What color white cabinets with Caldia? I was thinking of Sherwin Williams extra white or pure white. Not sure if extra white will be too cold with Caldia?
  • brmkbl
    @linmoogcat what color white are your cabinets... am debating between pure white and extra white but not sure if it’s too white for Caldia??
  • MD4square
    last year

Andrea S are your cherry cabinets natural or stained? I want Carrara Caldia with cherry as well, but not sure whether stain or not.

• pokeycampbell
    last year

@brmkbl did you end up going with caldia and pure white or extra white? Our cabinets are extra white and I'm having the same concerns as you.

• mikokitty
    last year
    last modified: last year

@pokeycampbell

Wondering if you chose caldia with the extra white cabinets?

• brmkbl
    last year

@mikokitty
    We actually went with Benjamin Moore Oxford White... very happy with it! The Caldia is beautiful!

• mikokitty
    last year

Thanks for the quick reply. if you get time to send a photo, I would love to see it.

• brmkbl
    last year

@mikokitty Here are a few pics of the kitchen

• mikokitty
    last year

This looks almost exactly as how it would look in our house, down to even the wall color. Thanks so much. I think we are sold on this choice!

• deb3bee
    last year

What is your wall color @brmkbl

• brmkbl
    last year

@deb3bee the wall color is sherwin Williams requisite gray

• Coo Ley
    last year

Hi everyone,
    Overall very happy with Carrera Caldia. Even tho I do feel there is a rose ish cream of mushroom soup to it... the other bright white kind with the grey veins are too hard to keep clean. I have it in my powder room. The seams end up looking pink or yellow/brown. The kitchen backsplash is Datile Florentine 2x4. I’m glad I did not try to force a design in the back of the range. It’s a bit too tight and would have looked too busy. Am also including pics of the Carrera Caldia with espresso cabinetry. It works well too.

• Jasmine Chepulis

I love the photos. I have fallen in love with this quartz. However, we were told the seam will be difficult to match up to look natural. Can I see any photos of your seams? Did your fabricator have difficulty matching it up? We were told two slabs would work for our kitchen until he actually found out how it was laid out and said we would need to buy an extra slab to make it look the best. He said the veins will just be difficult to line up. I get it we need those full two slabs pretty much but we can't buy an extra slab or two. That isn't in our budget. We have about 87 square feet to cover. Two corners to line up and a window that I guess will cause heck too.

I have attached a picture of our kitchen layout. Ignore my mess please and the honey oak. Yup it has to stay :(

• Jasmine Chepulis

Oh second choice i blanca statuarietto. But I love the larger veins in Carrara Caldia. I feel the blanca Statuarietto will just look a tad washed out and kind of looks like our current laminate.

• Julia Yankovski

We purchased Carrara Caldia and had to make it work cuz we were getting it at an extremely good price compared to regular We had a seam right above our dishwasher. They just installed this the 2-3-2020. Here is a picture. the installer did say they can get a grey colored glue if this white was too bright which I think it is. So I would just make sure they whoever installs it doesn’t ise white glue if that’s all that’s keeping you from not getting it.

• Julia Yankovski

• marydemo

Does this quartz lean gray in a strong way? I want something timeless and warm.

• patti_bee

Mine does not lean towards gray and is a warm tone. We've had it for two years now and really like it.

• Pam Hill

Does this quartz go better with chrome or brushed nickel faucets? anyone have more pictures on natural cherry cabinets or painted blues? I am using Medallion cabinets, cherry pecan finish for kitchen and master bath, and painted Marine classic for guest bath in new construction. I am trying to stretch the 2 slabs of Carrara Caldia for all counters. Thanks everyone for your posts!

• Julia Yankovski

@marydemo initially I thought it would but with the white cabinets it looks SO TIMELESS! Ive had those exact compliments that even though there’s hues and veins of grey it’s not overpowering in gray I absolutely love it!

• marydemo

Thanks, Julia. I ended up ordering a quartz with caramel color veining. I’m hoping it will look great with my wood floors and island ( same wood as floor). The other cabinets are white. It won’t be installed until after the quarantine is over. 🙁

• alkollmann54

linmoogcat-can you post a pic of your kitchen??
    i just has Carrara Caldia quartz put in and debating on menards taupe subway tile or if I need to keep looking. I have cherry cabs with morel stain and this backsplash is my last piece!

• Pam Hill

alkollmann, thanks for posting your pic! You got a great natural light shot of the island layout, and it helped me visualize how my future kitchen would appear, as I have a similar wall cabinet and island layout. I was looking at blanco sinks, is that what you put in? What color did you go with, and what sink faucet finish did you choose? Thanks again for posting!

• alkollmann54

the sink is blanco, "truffle" color
    my faucet is brushed nickel. the hardware on my cabinets is not matchy though, i thought brush nickel would not look as nice. so its more of like a slate color for cabinet harware.
    are you doing Carrera Caldia counters? im having a hard time with backsplash

• Pam Hill

Thanks! I thought truffle looked good also. My cabinets will be medallion cherry pecan, more of a golden red auburn color. I think Carrara caldia is our final choice. We were trying to stretch the 2 slabs to use in master bath and hall vanities, also. I was not interested in the Calacatta prominent veining, and the softer ones seemed too....white? I have heard the whiter countertops without figuring are a bother to keep clean and we do plan to eat at our island!

I think any of the high gloss subways in taupes, grieges, or greys would look good. the ones posted earlier by brmkblare nice. Just be sure to get a sample home and live with it for a few hours to confirm an attractive color match. Good luck with your project. I totally understand those conflicting feelings of excitement and anxiety when it comes to making these design choices!

• alkollmann54

Thank you for your thoughts/opinions. Went to menards yesterday and picked out the ceramic taupe tile, I liked it but wanted just a little more bling to it as the countertop itself is beautiful but suttle. Just stopped at Lowes and picked out the taupe glass tile. doing it today and will follow with a update when done.

• alkollmann54

ok so here the new backsplash. glass tile from Lowe's with MSI Carrara Caldia

• alkollmann54

tile looks a little "greenish". it's beige or brown, assume it's the lighting bc it looks much different on the wall. either way I can live with it

• Pam Hill

I like the glass over the ceramic, they look very contemporary! We have an appointment to look at some backsplash options next week; I plan to pack some advil if it becomes a test of endurance! Our project is about 2 months out but I'll try to post when we are near completion.

Will you keep the white walls or paint another color? The lighting pendants look great, btw!

• alkollmann54

I would like to paint, just don't know what. with building and all the craziness I didn't want to pick a color just to pick...
    our build included 1 color to paint ceiling and walls. this is Sherwin Williams Natural Choice color. it's a creamy white but definitely would like some color...any opinions I am open to

• Ellen Christine

Just got our Carrara Caldia installed and love it! Just wanted to add some pics in case it can help anyone make their decision :)

• Pam Hill

Looks great! What type of sink did you have put in?

• marydemo

I finally got my quartz installed and I love it!! Vadara Sereno Gold. Pics on line look A LOT darker than it really is.

• marydemo

It looks creamy white in pics but it’s more of a grayish white. I’m getting rid of the yellow paint! I did not want white-white, and this is perfect.

• Katie Shepherd

Just had caldia installed last week and thought people may want to see pictures. I’ll include a picture of my seam as well because they did a fantastic job on it.

• mikokitty

I ended up not choosing the carrera caldia. I wanted something with veining in brown tones which I really liked with the wood floors. I chose gold hardware too and really like the combination.

• Liz Bolt

@mikokitty What quartz did you choose?

• mikokitty

It’s called Calacatta Carina from Daltile. I’ve attached a photo of the slab we chose and also a close up photo of it by the backsplash so you can see the color (I had actually taken photo to save the name of that bottle of wine we had - I recommend that also😊).I love the way it tied in with the wood island counter and also the dark wood floors.

• Angie Wilbricht Brown

brmkbl What color is your backsplash?

• mikokitty

The backsplash is from Daltile Crystal Shores called Blue Lagoon. I have and did not want any shade of blue in the backsplash so the name rather threw me at first. But the “blue” I think they refer too actually looks silver. It is really beautiful!