Software
Houzz Logo Print
adeicarol1788

Entryway

9 years ago
We are decorating our new home! And I'm having a hard time getting just the entry way right. Not sure of the rug color and what is missing?

Comments (23)

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    First thing I would would be open the shade and let some light in.

    the next think I would do would do is hang the mirror. This will give you some space to redress the table. I would use a high orchid on one side of the table, on the other side I would use two candle sticks on tall and the other medium height. Now as long as the proportion is correct you can fill in with a couple of pictures. As far as the rug is concerned I would use a bold pattern and make it larger.

    I would like to see the rug in blacks and grays.

  • 9 years ago

    seating. Do you remove your shoes when you enter? Will guests?

    cushions, pillows, chairs offer a welcoming entry.

  • 9 years ago

    I'd like a painting on the wall across from the mirror -- it will not only cheer the space directly, but it will give the mirror something to reflect..

  • 9 years ago

    A bit larger rug or runner if the area extends further.

    Less decor on the console table.... odd numbers on each side: three on one side and maybe one on the other side would look nice and more simple.

    Do you have to have the shade on the door? Is it a pretty glass door and it's a privacy issue? The light would make a huge difference if it's a pretty door and add to the entry.

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    One key difference between MODEL homes and average home: WALL ART! Well-staged model homes have art on every wall.

    The wall opposite your mirror is a fantastic area for large colorful wall art that sets the overal tone or design scheme of your house.

    If you are daunted by the price and pursuit of the perfect art piece, then make it personal. Use your photographs or download and print (Walgreens photo website) an enlarged image of your favorite vacation shot or sentimental locale.

    OR... A gallery of SAME-sized frames with pics of similar colors that are reflected elsewhere in your furnishings and accent pieces.

    Reflect your personality and highlight it as people enter your home.

    The Wedding Bowl. La Jolla, CA

    HGTV dream house wall mural 2015:

  • 9 years ago
    Thanks everybody for the advise! Love all the ideas and I will start working on it, I will post a pic of the update as soon I get it done
  • 9 years ago

    IMO, if your front door is a pretty paned or glass door pull up the blind or eliminate it... will make a world of difference. We have full glass doors and side lights and I personally am not concerned, but respect those with some privacy issues. I say if your door is pretty you should leave it open it will change it all.

    Love to see a pic of the blind pulled up!

  • 9 years ago

    In general dark floors are enhanced by light rugs and dark rugs "ground" light flooring. I'd use something closer to this

  • 9 years ago
    Thanks I will change the rug for a lighter color
  • 9 years ago
    I would add a rug with a pop of color and also add some pieces on your table that have a pop of color. Turquoise, yellow, orange a deep purple, are a few suggestions bring whatever color you would bring in with a picture on the opposite wall. I agree with hanging the mirror too,.
  • 9 years ago
    All your decor is behind the door when it is opened, it would be more welcoming to move all to the other side.
  • 9 years ago

    Leave the blind up until night if you have privacy issues as many do. It makes a HUGE difference with some minor tweaks. I have full glass doors double and sidelights with no cover, but it's me and we all have our preference of privacy.

    Keep it up in the day or with company coming!

  • 9 years ago

    I never heard if this can be a short runner rug?

  • 9 years ago

    what a cute entry way! I think a vibrant rug would really add a lot. And yes, hang the mirror. A cute bench or pew type of bench would also look good.

    pics for ideas

    like this velvet bench too!

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Hi Adriana Lovell, I agree with the idea about the bench. It would be useful and can look nice ;) Also, maybe hang a mirror? You can make an accent wall in front of it:

    http://bit.ly/tropical__ 

    http://bit.ly/geometric__

    Those are not used on walls but it's no problem ;) You can use them on walls as well.
    Aleksandra fromPixersTeam

  • 9 years ago
    Yes, We will hang the mirror, add a bench and hang a paint in the other side of the mirror! I'm having trouble with the colors! Thanks to all for the feedback ❤️makes it more easy and fun
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Can you put a photo of what you can see when entry the hall? Will be easier to choose colors.

  • 9 years ago
    Sure, We just move! We are working on getting furniture, rugs
  • 9 years ago
    So We are very flexible with colors!
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    First thing for me would be to choose a carpet ;) That's the first thing what is missing to me. And what would you say to change a lightening? ;) And with colors, hm.. gray looks nice but think of any color you like :)

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Artwork and a rug with color will help a lot. It looks like you are headed in the right direction. Good luck.

    Leeward Renovation · More Info