Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snbtwins

Built-In Design help

Snbtwins
6 years ago

We are currently in the process of redesigning our family room. We removed our wood burning fireplace and installed a gas fireplace, widened our fireplace wall and are having built-in cabinets made for the niches on the side. The room is currently painted Revere Pewter and will be repainted BM Sierra Hills. So, my question is what color to paint above the TV which will be over the fireplace and also the areas above the built-in cabinets. The top of the built-ins will be at the 8' mark, where the ceiling begins to angle, therefore creating right angle triangles above the built-ins on each side.

1. Would you paint above the TV and the triangles the wall color?

2. Would you paint above the TV and the triangles the same color as the built-ins (which will be BM Super White)?

3. Would you just paint above the TV white and leave the triangles the wall color?

Also, I am trying to figure out what depth to make the shelves in the built-ins and what height to make the shelves, because I do not want adjustable shelves. So many decisions to make!

I have included pictures of the room with the furniture (I'm hoping to replace the leather couch at some point, I hate it) as well as pictures of the room currently under construction as well as my inspiration photo for the built-ins and the drawing for the cabinets.

Sorry for the overload of photos!

Thanks in advance!

Suzanne

P.S. The fan is being replaced with an orb/crystal chandelier from RH

Here are my lame attempts at trying to see how white would look above TV and then with wall color.

Comments (4)