Software
Houzz Logo Print
dsandoval91

What's missing?

9 years ago
Should I place white curtains, or mix it up with some patterns? I've got a contemporary vibe with cafe, cream and white.

Comments (11)

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    My neck is hurting just looking at that picture of the TV so high. It needs to come down.

    If you want to stick with that color palate and modern look for a neutral color geometric pattern.

    Also consider a rug, something bright to break up the fairly monotone walls, couch, and carpet which all seem to be about the same color.

  • 9 years ago

    I think the white curtains would be fine; Hang them on 1 inch diameter rod to give weight to them and hang from floor to ceiling; probably 93-96 inches long. Have rods extend 10-12 inches beyond windows. You might have to move sconces a bit to the left and right of the curtains.And yes lower your TV or put cord covers on your wires or have wires put behind the wall.

    Looked and looked for 8 foot tall walls with curtains; apparently they are not on Houzz anywhere in great quantity; everyone in america has 9 foot or taller ceilings....lol. But here are two pics of curtains on ceiling mount on 8 foot walls for a visual.

    Urban Townhome Living Room · More Info

    Jane Lockhart Interior Design, Kylemore Model Home "Dublin" · More Info

  • 9 years ago

    It is my personal taste but I think a room becomes another room when you hide tv. Many places have tv low cabinets in black. If not hidden, drop it to 20" or less that the TV rest on. Break up the table into two, one ottoman in tufted and possibly a throw.. and one stool functioning ottoman to set drinks on as well. You could even buy two if you want and put at the window side for two people or more setting drinks. Ok top of TV buffet could be lamps or candles or art or personal pictures.. maybe wall mirror. so I would do that one. On top of open tv/ nothing.. I wouldn't busy it was art.

  • 9 years ago

    Oh! White curtains but you need to take the candles down. I would think on making curtains very high and very full and all against the wall space when open.. like hiding wallls almost.. just me though!

  • 9 years ago
    I think you need color - new throw pillows, maybe a rug and put a tall plant in the corner.
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    This my fav white curtains.

    For some reason geometric pattern looks all the time better on pic, but white on reality.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    You do not need to have curtains in full width, just keep them on sides, you have your blinds for privacy.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    You can do patterned curtains as long as they have some of the color you have around already in them. Also you might want to consider moving your TV down to a lower height.

    Wieuca Road · More Info


    Wieuca Road · More Info

  • PRO
    9 years ago
    I totally agree with everyone saying you need to lower your TV!

    I think you can add some drama with a pair of patterned curtains. Don't be afraid to go bold!
    And for sure, you can keep them open most of the time as you have blinds to help out privacy-wise, as they let all that natural light in.

    Good luck!

    Marie :)
    shinerugs.com
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    First I would make a few tchotchke go missing. Keep the counter clear. Remove the little candles sconces by the windows. Bring the t v down to the console and remove all the decor from it.

    More color? For sure. In window treatments, throw pillows and coffee table. But, you need not deter from your scheme..just go darker.

    I love these affordable burlap panels from etsy.com The burlap will bring over your countertop color to the window wall.

    What is behind the sectional? I see a window/door? Is that your entrance?