Software
Houzz Logo Print
amanda_rominiecki

Help me liven up our monotone tan exterior!!

We recently purchased this home. It took me some time to figure out what specifically I didn't like about the exterior of this home (at least something more helpful than "It's not the Cape Cod I always dreamed of") and it finally hit me that I don't like the color the previous owners chose for the roof. It seems too similar to the brick color and washes out the entire front of the house. I'm also someone who tends to like cool colors, so the warm oranges/tans/reds are hard for me to accept.

However, the roof is brand new (less than 2 yrs old) so it's not going anywhere. I figure these are my options:

  • Repainting the shutters and front door (currently a honey oak color). Would that be enough? If so, any color suggestions?

  • Do I go the route of staining the brick? What color? Darker red? Brown? Greenish?

  • Do I go the possibly evil route and paint the brick? What color?

  • Something else entirely?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (14)