Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eneolight

Getting an Ikea kitchen, ridding corner pantry...

eneolight
6 years ago
I can really use some help. Just bought this house last year. See the floor plan below in the first photo.

Here's a few things that made me want to remodel my kitchen.

1. I hate my corner pantry. It's about 58"x50" with a diagonal door. Kids always leave the door open, or the light. Cabinetry looks broken into two areas.

2. The fridge is a bit far to the stove.

3. The sink area has no privacy from the front door.

4. I don't currently use the dining room as dining. Just use the breakfast area. But the island is actually too long. So too close to backyard patio door or the island.

5. Lack of barrier to prevent kids from going through between the aisle between the stove and sink. Because they do their homework on the dining table, they also always go through there to get to the fridge and corner pantry for snacks, often while I'm cooking or transferring cut/washed vegetables from sink side to stove side.

6. I like a neat cooking process. Personally I prefer not having to take just washed colander to turn around to the range. Often water on the floor when you do that.

Given all these information, my pet peeves, how our family function around the kitchen...etc., I came up with a floor plan using Ikea planning tool (see the second photo). I want to demolish the corner pantry, add an second sink on the fridge side to be the prep sink, shorten the island on the breakfast room side...

Fridge is still on the far side (I don't know how to solve that); the new stove location actually means I had to have new stove plug and exhaust vent to outside wall which I don't know how to avoid. Because If I keep the old stove location, it would still be too far from the fridge...

Any input is appreciated!

Comments (2)