Software
Houzz Logo Print
patyarias

Help me choose a sofa table.

9 years ago
I love the combination of wood and metal. I have these two tables from Wayfair that I really like. I saw at the store the one from Hooker furniture and I love it, but I'm afraid is too gold and I already have a gold tv console table. Would that be too much gold?.

Comments (52)

  • 9 years ago
    If that's St. Television between the windows, lower it to 4"-6" above the chest.
  • 9 years ago
    Porter Edun . I like the second table. Is that from Overstock too?
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    If I could make a few small tweaks to your space, which is lovely, btw. I would pull your wing chair up so the front legs are on the rug. I would move the wall sconces a bit closer in toward the TV (they are too far out right now), and I would "edit" a few things. I would just have the long bowl piece on the TV console, remove everything else. I would get a white orchid for your coffee table or something that takes up less visual space. I like JudyG's suggestion on the sofa table as well. That would be great. Beautiful room.

  • 9 years ago

    I was thinking about something for more storage ,example photo albums etc... behind close doors its less dusting to do too:) like this one perhaps.

    Turquoise Family Great Room · More Info

  • 9 years ago

    I noticed the 2 scones by the TV ,I think that they are too close to the curtains ,could you move them a bit away from them?

  • 9 years ago
    Thank you Sina. Yes I want to place the console table behind the couch and it will be facing the kitchen.
  • 9 years ago
    JudyG Designs. I like that table too, I would love to find something similar in a grey color.
    I will post the measurements of my sofa if that helps and I will move my chairs and the sconces closer to the tv, thank you all for your advice.
  • 9 years ago


    Monarch Specialties 3-Tiered Curved Console Table - Console Tables at Hayneedle · More Info

  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Here is a great look for a sofa table. Depends on your budget of course. Restoration Hardware also has some nice choices. Depending on style and look you want I could also see an Asian long black table there.
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Here is Asian inspired nice narrow look.
  • 9 years ago
    Flo Mangan is this better? I moved the chairs and sconces.
  • 9 years ago
    I went to curtains company yesterday and they had this consoles tables.
  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    I like #3 and yes the scones looks much better now:) remove the bottles you don't need them on top of the cabinet what you have at the centre is plenty.

  • 9 years ago

    Been following:

    1 and 2 look pretty for your space......

    What a fun store that must be to hunt in!

  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Yes, nice job. Like the orchid on your coffee table too! Nice little tweaks. Does it look better and feel better to you? I am not crazy about those tables. When I have a room or space with a variety of styles going on such as yours, I find simple design additions are best. So #3 is simple. I would also check out that Ballard Design Asian inspired table I posted a little bit ago. Great table, especially at that price. I might even move your white orchid to the sofa table!
  • 9 years ago
    Genevieve I like #1and #3 too but I'm afraid they are going to be to small? They are 48 inches long. Can I use those dark grey bottles to decorate the console table when I get it.
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Do you mean the bottles in the photos? Or ones you have? How long is your sofa? How wide is the area behind your sofa to the next chair/stool, countertop, wall, etc.? I would not put much on the sofa table. There is a lot going on in your room, let that stand and keep decorations to a bare minimum on a sofa table. Perhaps a stack of books and a bottle ir a couple of lower, beefy wooden candlesticks, on the top shelf - not too tall and on the bottom, maybe a long stick of driftwood. Very simple.

  • 9 years ago
    Porter Edun I love that place, they are making my drapes for my dining room. I like #2 because i think it will add warmth to the space, but #4 I think is more my style . I like shiny things . The gray manor console table that you suggested is my favorite but is only 50 inches long, not sure if that a good size.
  • 9 years ago
    Yes I mean the same bottles. Sofa is 90 inches long and I measure quickly I have about 110 inches between back of sofa and kitchen barstools.
  • 9 years ago
    Do I really need a sofa table ?
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Yes, you need a sofa table. It would give the area a more "polished/finished" look. With that length sofa, you need at least 60" long and could go as long as 72" --beautiful home btw!! Seeing the color of your floors, I think the driftwood color for your table rather than black or dark would be desirable.

  • PRO
    9 years ago


    Currey and Company Westrow Console-Large · More Info
    This would be perfect, but it is pricey, but this is the finish I think would work well in your space and I like the dark top as well, plus you have display shelf on the bottom, drawers to drop keys, sunglasses, etc. So something like this would serve both decorative purposes and functional purposes.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    this one would be really nice in your space as well.

    Ravenna Console · More Info
    The front of this reminds me of the front of your TV cabinet. Nice finish and nice lower details.

  • 9 years ago
    I have been thinking about this table that I saw at the store but I was afraid that I was going to have to much gold in the living room, I just found on Houzz in antique silver. What do you think? But to tell you the truth I'm dying to run to the store and buy it so I can enjoy it during a he weekend :).
  • 9 years ago

    Will they let you try it and post..... if you can return it? If you like it, it's worth a try if it isn't right and they accept it back for a refund!

  • 9 years ago

    Flo's Westrow would look great!

  • 9 years ago

    hayneedle was along the same lines.

  • PRO
    9 years ago
    I like that and it goes with your TV console. It is 72longx 14 deep and 32 high. Just check that with your sofa. It is quite formal. I kind of feel you could go a bit less formal since this faces kitchen and breakfast. But if you can return, worth a try. Just measure height especially. You don't want it high over back of sofa.
  • 9 years ago

    I think you need a dark heavy piece that is enclosed. If you get shelves you will have more stuff in the room on shelves and then it can look like a home goods store etc.....clutter for clutters sake is out I think......know when to say enough.

  • 9 years ago
    Flo Mangan back of sofa is 34 inches but looks a little higher with the pillows. Which one you think is better the soft gold color or the antique silver.?
  • 9 years ago
    Susan Davis you are right I didn't want shelves when I started looking for tables for that reason.
    That's why i also like this table. Any suggestions?
  • 9 years ago

    Coughlan Console Table

    byDarby Home Co

  • 9 years ago

    Arden Console Table

    wayfair.com



  • 9 years ago

    Thinking since you love the table with the drawers at that great store you should bring it home and try it as previously mentioned. Then you will know....

    Given now we see more of the area surrounding the living room feel something a bit more slightly rustic would look very nice if you find the one you favor doesn't work.


  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I think the soft gold works better with your sofa because the sofa looks like a beige color-warm?? If not, then silver. Go with the temp of the fabric of the sofa.

  • 9 years ago
    Let the rug pattern stand on its own. Even if you find the identical pattern in a grill, it won't look right. Paint the heavy-looking ran to match the ceiling.
  • 9 years ago
    Pull the blue chair forward so that it's front feet are on the rug.
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    jb - she already moved the chairs with front legs on rug.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Your sofa height should work with most sofa type tables. Nice height. I also would caution on doing too heavy a piece here. You don't want to weight this part of your rooms down further. A lot going on. I would still edit more!

  • 9 years ago
    Flo Mangan now I'm worried about getting the table because I will need to have some decor on it and this may be to much decor or too busy for the living room?
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    No not at all. You will just do a low metallic tray or bowl and put some interesting items in it and lower some simple accessories, a stack of books, some interesting sculptural piece like a piece of Geode. Things of a "natural" look. Not too much. You could even go a bit country with maybe a bird nest, in a glass atrium, I'm sure we can work that out. No problem. We just don't want overload.

  • PRO
    9 years ago


    Vernonia Villa · More Info
    Very simple. Elegant.

  • PRO
    9 years ago


    Architecture and Interior Design · More Info
    Very simple. Some tables just are decoration themselves.

  • 9 years ago
    Well I finally had time to go to the store and I was sure I was going to buy the soft gold table, but once I was there I realized that table will need lots of accessories to decorate because it has two rows of shelves and it was also to matching with the tv console. So at the very last minute I changed my mind and this happened. Hope I didn't make a big mistake because I can't return it. :)
  • 9 years ago

    It looks nice... a pinch low for the couch, but works! I'd just keep the bowl in the center and remove the candle holders or... on ea. side. You have a lot of them in the room. Less is more as Flo would say :)

  • 9 years ago

    I love the shape of the table and the wood!