Software
Houzz Logo Print
bdrhome

Electric floor heating mat with low EMFs?? Which ones are best?

9 years ago

Does anyone know the deal about which brands are good and are actually are very low in EMFs for electric floor heating? SunTouch says they're the only brand with testing to prove it but their website feels sorta gimmicky, not sure I believe it all. Some of the other brands also promote low/zero EMFs...Thermosoft being one. My builder likes to use Schluter- they say 0 EMF but don't seem to have anything to back it up. I have read some of these underfloor electric heat wires/mats put off extremely high levels of radiation so it's not something I really want to just bury my head in the sand about. Help please!

Comments (15)

  • 9 years ago

    Please consider this before you overstress about EMFs"

    http://skepdic.com/emf.html

  • 9 years ago

    Select a flooring with high heat retention. Put the heating mat on a timer. When you're ready to use the bathroom shut off the timer. Have a glass of wine and stop worrying about "it might be bad for me".

  • 9 years ago

    You know folks, that was not what I was asking. I'm not going to build a house full of toxic materials and call it good. We are the sickest we've ever been and there's a reason. EMFs are just one of many things we should be concerned about in our home. When are people going to wake up?! jmm1837 I now know of at least 5 guys in their 20-30s, including my brother, who have had to have a testicle removed because of cancer on the same side that they carry their cell phone in the front pocket every day. This is the generation that started using cell phones at a young age. To espouse a site that says among other things that cell phone radiation doesn't cause damage to tissue is bogus. There are plenty of legitimate studies out there saying the exact opposite. Not here to debate that.

  • 8 years ago

    Did you ever land on a product? I'm doing the same research you are... interested in knowing what you have found out / wich product you went with.

  • 8 years ago

    leannbh, I reviewed technical stuff Suntouch sent and talked to them and Schluter on the phone. Several companies are now using Suntouch's "zero EMF" technology, including Schluter, which is what our builder likes. Schluter is more expensive but has a much more robust warranty if you submit your testing results immediately to validate your install. So we went with them.

  • 8 years ago

    Super BIG thanks!!! thanks so much for this info. I will follow your lead.

  • 8 years ago


    Signs · More Info

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    you know, this sh*t behavior on emf is so backwards. it is a fact many people are affected by it. the risks are real. you call yourself a pro but you act like the old version of a pro - a hammer ‘totin ignoramus

  • 7 years ago

    No, it is not a fact that many people are affected by EMF. Many people attribute a huge range of medical and health issues to the presence of EMFs, but correlation is not causation, and there is no evidence, in spite of decades of intensive study, that the low level EMF found in housing has any impact on health whatsoever.

  • 7 years ago

    Which system did you finally choose? We are looking for low emf systems also.

  • 5 years ago

    Why have FOOLS taken the time to call people crazy for being concerned about their health? For some reason people forget how "science" said DDT, cigarettes, and PFOS didn't harm anyone. Anyone who had suspicions was called kook, crazy, or conspiracy theorist. Well, look where those items are today... YOU, JMM1837 and Sophie Wheeler, can go play in traffic.


    Kudos to Chris Byers, BDRHome, and LeannBH for this thread.

  • 5 years ago

    you are so right. people are fools. remember the executive at Monsanto getting caught telling a reporter that you could drink Roundup it’s so safe and when the reporter offered him some to drink he flipped out? This was before the massive lawsuit was won. Yet Home Depot and other retailers and our food industry continue to douse land and food with it!

  • 5 years ago

    HU 707371285,

    Thank you!

    I didn't know he said you could drink it lol. I will have to find that interview. Maybe one of our detractors would like a cold glass of RoundUp, up, with two olives, LMAO.


    Annette, I think SunTouch is the way to go. I will be installing some additional grounding in the grout for added insurance.


    Regards

  • 4 years ago

    Thank you! We went with SunTouch!