Software
Houzz Logo Print
ruthsieg

Fold down headboard?

9 years ago

I am putting a queen size bed in my extra room in a small apartment, just to be used occasionally for company. It is going to take up most of the room. I want to use a headboard, because the head of the bed will not be against the wall, and the headboard will make it more comfortable and prevent the pillows from falling off when sleeping. The headboard will have to be perpendicular to the door and 'free floating', only one side of the bed will be against the wall. I also have concerns about closing up the room visually with a headboard.

Questions -

is there such a thing as a fold down headboard?? I saw this on a murphy bed recently. It would allow me to put it up only when in use and will keep the room more open.

If I do need a headboard, how high would it have to be to be functional?? I assume an open 'weave' headboard will be best to keep it light.

Any ideas would be appreciated.