Software
Houzz Logo Print
ash_sud

Love the metal stair rails and...

13 years ago
I am considering installing them in my home in Berkeley. I have couple concerns though. First, I was told by my realtor that these kinds of rails can be dangerous because kids can climb them and potentially fall over (Is this a real problem that impacts a potential buyers decision?). Second, does adding this type of railing add value to a home by making it more modern or am I dreaming?
Noe · More Info

Comment (1)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Hi,

    Thanks for your interest. I have heard similar comments regarding kids tempted to climb on the railing but have never heard of a child climbing and falling. The client has a three year old and I have not heard from him that it is an issue. The railing is up to code and is something that you can see in homes and buildings all over. I would say that it is just one of those things in life that parents need to teach their kids not to climb on.

    As to it adding value, I guess it all depends on the context of the space and if it will fit in with the rest of the house. In this house it was the center piece and certainly made a more modern statement.

    Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to discuss further.

    Patrick