Software
Houzz Logo Print
michael_medeiros52

Satin Poly floor finish dried ultra matte

9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Hi all, I sanded and stained my floors successfully with a water based product from General Finishes in Espresso. I then used Minwax Satin poly to clear the floor. The first coat came out too glossy and nothing like satin and in a few spots looked milky white when it dried. The second coat came out completely matte, extremely matte to the point it looks awful. I'm guessing i did not stir enough and essentially put down a first coat that was completely void of de-glossifying agents and the a second coat super rich in the agents. Well the final product looks terrible. My question; Can I pole sand the poly and lay down 2 thin coats of semi gloss to get a decent finish? or do i need to completely strip the poly off and start from scratch? I'm fine with a gloss finish at this point, i just want to put all my furniture in the bedrooms and move in. I don't want to work with these anti gloss agents as i just want a consistent finish throughout the floor. Thanks!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Columbus' Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting