nofriday

Does anyone have the True undercounter ice maker?

Joseph Fitzgerald

Hey all,

I am in the process of remodeling our house, and one thing (and many!) that I am trying to dial in are our bar appliances. I am likely to put in a 15" icemaker in our basement bar, and have done a decent amount of research here and elsewhere.

One thing I haven't seen much discussion about on the forums or elsewhere is the relatively new True undercounter ice maker.

Does anyone have one? How do you like it? How does it compare to others, such as the Sub-Zero, and the Hoshizaki AM-50BAE? My goals for the appliance include:

• Clear, cocktail ice for the occasional mixed drink
  • Having a fresh supply of ice for entertaining and parties
  • Fits in with decor of room (which will likely be paneled)
  • Low noise (we should have a gravity drain in the space which I think will help)

The Hoshizaki seems to get quite good reviews from what I can tell. I have seen less on the True machine (which is newer), and the Sub-Zero.

Any feedback welcome. We are also in the market for an undercounter refrigerator or beverage center; freezer; and wine cabinet. I posted about those earlier, but I think there's a good amount of existing feedback on those appliances already that I am more comfortable making a decision. Help on the icemaker choice would be most appreciated.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

-joe

Loudoun and Fairfax County's Expert in Kitchen and Bath Remodeling