Software
Houzz Logo Print
whitbry

Budget

8 years ago
I'm curious, what was the "modest" budget that was given as an example to prospective buyers?
Attic design for a 1930 bungalow · More Info

Comments (3)

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    This project was designed 6 years ago. At that time labor was less expensive than it is now. The estimate then would have been about $50-60,000.00. Now in 2017 with contractors being busy now for two years solid, the price would be about $40,000 more. The point of the design was to show a potential buyer that they did not need to build out dormers.


  • 8 years ago
    It's gorgeous! I got your message, but I'm not sure that the services that I need, are a good fit for your expertise. Unless... you know about simply knocking down walls and can rebuild them. However, I will for sure keep you in mind if we need any design work in the future! Thanks for getting back to me!
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    I work on all sizes of projects. Space planning is my expertise and I do a lot of additions these days. I consult with structural engineers if needed to move walls around or open up spaces.Sometimes it is an easy fix with no structural needed. Structural is what adds $$$ to a project. I can usually access if structural is needed with a site visit. Hope that helps.