Software
Houzz Logo Print
sandrasv

Wood, Aluminium or Plastic Windows

8 years ago

We are planning a new home and there is a total of over 15m south facing back garden. I was planning to have a set of patio doors for the 4m study, three large sliding doors to the living and 5m of sliding or opening doors to the garden room, and the side of the garden room 3m another set of doors. I wanted them flat to the patio area. It is looking to be expensive and I have heard that large wood doors do have some issues. The aluminium doors might be ok. We dont want an ultra thin profile and think we can get more chunky alum doors, but believe they could let the cold through. Plastic ones have improved a lot but you cant repaint them if you make a mistake and over the years I found them to deteriorate and cannot clean. Do you have any suggestions to keep cost down and get good looking windows and doors.

Comments (7)