mlbstar00

Anyone have a ZLINE range?

Matt Walker

We are building a house and torn on appliances. We'd really love to go the route of a pro-style range, but the prices are at the extreme high end of our budget. We came across the ZLINE ranges. Anyone have an experience with those ranges?

• Jared McArthur

I have had a negative experience with the Z-line 30 inch gas stove. Range is alright. The oven has never worked. I have tried calling them and I just get sent to the email page. I've tried numerous times but no success. None of the appliance repair shops in my area are willing to even look at it. I'm getting near to returning it.

• Just A Guy

@Kevin Moon You're definitely lucky amongst this group. I don't want to beat on Zline, as they have definitely engaged here. But realize that many of us have been dealing with serious quality and/or reliability problems since we've installed our units. And many of us have spent tons of time calling, emailing, etc, only to end up frustrated enough to somehow end up in this random Houzz thread on the vastness of the internet. And these units, while much less expensive than other similar looking products, are still major investments and for many people, just at the edge of their financial reach.

I'm sure none of us wanted to have a rocky experience, I certainly didn't. For me, I actually, consciously bought from Zline specifically because they seemed very entrepreneurial and were trying to build premium products for a reasonable price. I have zero religion toward any brands in any product I buy. But in this case, the company and their post sales support to date has been... I hate to say it,,,, dreadful.

I suspect that they have satisfied customers too, and those people aren't trying to figure out how to resolve problems on the internet.

Does anyone produce a gas range with two ovens: 24" and 18"?

Something like this? http://www.vintagetub.com/asp/product_detail.asp?item_no=VEFSGE365DSS&utm_id=IDK13#FULLPRODUCT

Does anyone like the built in griddle on their gas range top?

I'm buying a 48" range and have six burners plus grill or griddle.... Should I go with the grill or the griddle? I Use now my outdoor BBQ at least once a week for fish, and like the idea of searing things on the grille. But all I have read so far is that the griddle is very hard to maintain and that the grill heats better and would seal faster and more evenly??? I entertain at least once a month to 20+ people, any advice would be gladly appreciated

Does anyone have their range in an island without ventilation

I'd advise against it. I had an island range for several years and the smoke and smells were a very big problem. You will not be able to do much of anything over high heat except to boil water. Since the condo has concrete ceilings my solution was to hang a custom recirculating hood over the range. It's not great but it's better than it was. The studio is used mostly for show so cooking is minimal but if you want to use the kitchen normally on a regular basis I'd recommend some kind of ventilation.

LG Gas Range - Life is NOT Good - Anyone else?

for the cost of 3 service calls you can purchase a lower end replacement in a day and not have to hassle with appointments. I'd look up the specific issue online. It may not be the stove. The problem may be not enough gas pressure into your kitchen. Try asking your gas company to come check the line. Old gas and water lines can develop plaques, just like arteries. Winter of 2014-2015, we remodeled the kitchen changing from electric to propane which meant a new gas line. So I eliminated that as a cause when the oven on our LG wouldn't light about 50% of the time this summer. Looked it up online and found a common problem with worn out igniters, a DIY replaceable part. However, I also read several reports that having a burner on before starting the oven worked. One technician commented that it wasn't logical but he'd seen it work also. So now I turn the smallest burner on low before starting oven. I tried a couple times to turn the burner off once the oven fired up, but I had the same problem you report - the oven cooled off and didn't reheat often enough. So now the burner stays on low while the oven is working. I figure the small amount of propane used is cheaper than a service call; it's certainly less stressful. Maybe next summer I'll order a new igniter.
  • Franklin Osworth

This thread is literally just 5 people B'ing, saying the same thing over and over, how do I unfollow?

• Cheryl Springtime

There is a BIG link at the bottom below the SUBMIT button that says "Click to switch off email notifications...."

• chowdad183632462

I have question for anyone who has a all gas range ours is an RG30. When we first got it just over a year ago I notice a significant smell of natural gas when the oven was first lit an during the warm up. Has anyone had the same or similar problem? I bought an inexpensive natural gas detector from Home Depot and checked around the oven door and at the oven vent behind the burners it went crazy when the oven was in heat up mode and continued when the oven was set below 300 degrees. I did have good luck working with April in customer service, initially she sent me a gas control valve, the service people they contract with in Seattle Nortech is actually someone we had dealt with before and liked them. The technician that came out said after diagnoses the he felt it was the igniter was not working correctly. April sent out a whole new burner assembly with a new igniter attached. But when the tech came out to install he found the igniter was damaged and could not be used, there was a small support stand loose in the box and we suspect that it banged against the igniter and broke it off. April sent a new igniter. The Tech installed it and it has helped with the amount of raw natural gas at low temperature settings but the detector still goes off until the oven warms up when it stops spilling gas. We have come to terms with the range overall, still not happy that I have to put covers over the range top to prevent stains, but oh-well.. I do intend to engage with Zline to discuss what can be done to fix our concern, we don't need to be breathing natural gas until the oven warms up.

• Franklin Osworth

Thanks @Cheryl Springtime, again, we are really happy with our stove, I have the gas 36, glad we have none of these issues with ours. Clearly ZLINE is engaged and reaching out, we are happy customers, im unfollowing this thread

• Cheryl Springtime

@Frank, you sound like a troll for Zline, since all you want to do is praise Zline and complain about the people who are unhappy with the product...so please unfollow us.

@chowdad...if I were you, I'd take Zline up on replacing your stove..sounds like you have a dangerous leaking stove.

• Kelly C

I have a Zline 36" dual fuel range and the oven runs about 100 degrees hot. I have a warranty email into them so we will see if they respond. It is so frustrating. Everything I cook, I am constantly worried if it will turn out.

• ilikefriday

Thank you @ZLINE Kitchen and Bath for living up to your promise. You promptly responded to my request by contacting me the day after I sent you the email. I received my refund in the mail yesterday. Also, Thank you Houzz for providing the platform to make it happen.

It would be interesting to hear how all of this played out for the others of you who contacted Zline after their post. Has it been resolved for anyone else?

I have had no luck with Zline. The heating element in the oven stopped working after only having the range for 9 months. Zline won’t stand behind the range because we bought it off the floor at Lowe’s. Lowes told us it was covered by the one year manufacture‘s warrant, Zline says not true. So we have a new Zline range that isn‘t working, Zline and Lowe’s wont repair! Neither are standing behind the product. I have spoken to Zline and Lowe’s multiple times. Buyer beware!!!

• gerdyp

HU-869970288 I purchased mine through Lowe's as well. They do not carry them in the stores, so I'm surprised you could buy one off the floor.

We were surprised too! It was a rejected deliver.y, we thought we got lucky when we bought it Unfortunately, we were wrong. the oven hasn’t worked since December and the company isn’t standing behind the product.

• ilikefriday

@HU-869970288

They are not standing behind it because it was a floor model, not because of issues with the warranty period correct?

• Shawn LeNoble

I have truly enjoyed our stove...until today. The stove did typically run about 25 -35 degrees hot, but knowing this was easy to just set the temp a little lower. Today however, it seems the element might have broken. Mother in law started it up and then heard all sorts of noise and smoke pouring out. White powder everywhere. Of course I'm on month 13 of using it. No way to talk to a customer service rep, so just waiting for them to get back to me.

@ilikefriday it was not a floor model - it was a stove that was rejected at delivery so those go back to the store when they are special orders and are sold off the floor. it was new - never used. Lowes said it would carry the one year warranty. 9 months and the oven stopped working. Zline says they won’t give a warranty because we bought it from the floor not a special order. Lowe’s says they cover it - zline says they don’t...either way the oven hasn‘t worked since Dec. I can’t recommend Zline or Lowe’s after this experience. Zline at one point said they would repair it this time...said someone would contact us for repair appointment. We have never heard from them since. Recently reached out to them to find out about when repair will happen, and we are back at square one! Like we never spoke to anyone!

• strugglebrother

@Sara Wilson Z-line stands by their word, the range is being picked up this week. I should receive a refund when the range is in their possession.

• John Butros

@strugglebrother

Yeah, they have been hella straight up with me. I am going to get their range hood to compliment my sexy ass range.

ZLINE Kitchen and Bath

@strugglebrother We appreciate your business and honesty on this thread, we are dedicated to making sure all our customers have the best experience possible, especially those few escalated issues that no one wants to ever have happen. @HU-869970288, we take care of every customer under warranty with a receipt and order number from the original purchaser. There are several reasons for this, especially fraud, and prevention of reselling damaged product in shipping as new, unfortunately this is a policy we have to maintain, there should be no ZLINE floor models sold as new, ever, and that is something we will have to address with our partners. If you have an order number, verifying you are purchasing a new product from Lowes, we will take care of you immediately. @ilikefriday thank you for your honesty and choosing ZLINE. @Shawn LeNoble, please reach out to our customer service team, we will look at getting this repaired for you, as you are so close to being under warranty. Your feedback and experiences help us improve to be a better company, thank you!

• Shawn LeNoble

Thank you @ZLINE Kitchen and Bath! I really do love this stove. Just awaiting a reply from the team. Can't wait to get it back up and running.

@ZLINE Kitchen and Bath we did everything you asked of us. We sent you all the paperwork you asked for. You sent us the possible replacement part and told us the repair company would be in touch to schedule a repair. No one ever called. I called you again after weeks of waiting and you said you were no longer sending a repairman. Zline changed their mind and wanted more documentation. The fact that you and Lowe’s did not have a clear understanding of policies has become my problem. i have a Zline oven that doesn’t work and Zline and Lowe’s are not standing behind the sale. When we purchased the range we were assured by Lowe’s that the one year warranty was in place. If we had known Zline would not honor the warranty we would never have purchased the range. Our oven hasn’t worked since just before Christmas .

@Lowe's

ZLINE Kitchen and Bath

@HU-869970288 Hi there,

Thank you for your inquiry. We sincerely apologize for the experience you've had with your Range, and can assure you we value all warranties on all of our products. We would like to help you get this issue resolved, because we take matter like these very seriously, and would never want a customer to be stuck with a product that doesn't function properly. We also stay true to our word, so if you could provide your case number to us we'll have a customer service representative with you right away!

If you haven't filed a case with us, please file one at zlinekitchen.com/contact and we'll be with you as soon as we can!

Thank you.

I would not recommend this product. I purchased a 36-inch range w/self-cleaning oven, which I did not receive. Also the oven temperature is inaccurate. I have called Z-line but have been unable to speak to anyone regarding my issues, the phone message directs you to the online site. I sent an email and waiting for a response. Poor customer service. I don’t have much faith that anything will happen.

ZLINE Kitchen and Bath

@HU-405515945 Hi there,

Thank you for your inquiry. We would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the experience you've had with your Range. We'd be happy to assist you with getting your oven temperature back to normal! Since you've already filed a case with our customer service team if you could send us a case number you were sent upon completion we'd be happy to look into this if you haven't already been helped by a representative. Regarding the self-clean feature, unfortunately our 36-inch Ranges don't offer a self-cleaning feature, so if you could provide the listing to the partner where you purchased this product from we would like to get that specification fixed as soon as possible.

Thank you.

• strugglebrother

@John Butros I have the Z-Line range hood, it works well, I can recommend you buying one.

• Kelly C

I emailed Zline about my oven and never got a response. I shouldn‘t have to contact them again but I will.

Re: HU-405515945

my case #:00049888

i purchased my range directly from Z-line. The specs I reviewed online indicated it was a self-cleaning oven. My Z-line order # was 75916059.

Re: HU-405515945

I spoke with Michael at Z-line and he explained and resolved the self-cleaning oven issue.

To correct the inaccurate oven temperature, Z-line is replacing the thermostat. Michael was genuinely helpful and instrumental in resolving this issue. I’m looking forward to the day the new thermostat is in and I can bake in my lovely oven. Thanks again Michael!

• Cheryl Springtime

@HU-405515945, I had two thermostats sent to me and none helped. Good luck with yours.

How did he resolve the self cleaning issue?

I have numberous issues with my 36" Zline range. The company they contract with for warranty work SUCKS big time. Send wrong parts and never get back to you. The company is called NewLeaf. I've had a gas leak from a burner that was not installed correctly and it's been over 5 months and I'm STILL waiting for it to be fixed. Service number SO10390242.

Plus the oven heats unevenly. It's defective.

@ Cheryl Springtime:

He told me that there is no self-cleaning on the 36-inch range. The specs contained incorrect information and he would be reaching out to the company that I ordered my range from to have them correct this information on their site.

• Jay Washington

I just had my 30 inch dual fuel Zline range delivered yesterday turned the oven on and it’s making this insane noise. Literally only had it for an hour. I’ll be returning to lows and getting a kitchen aid or something I don’t want need the stress.

• Emily Allen

Jay Washington please let us know how that works out and if Lowes allows the return.

• B Lewis

My 30" dual fuel also knocked loudly, and I could see the bottom bent and was the cause. Zline sent me brackets that were easy to install and that corrected the problem.

As an aside, I am not having any of the issues expressed in this thread. Love the look of my Zline and am loving my stove!

• Shawn LeNoble

Whoever is manning the replies for Zline on this forum is doing a great job of communicating. That ends here. Started a conversation with their customer service team and started off great. Been radio silent for 3 days. No update. I'm without a stove and trying to figure out next steps. I completely understand things happen, but just 14 months into owning this stove it is non-functional. Was a great stove up until early this week. Hopefully, someone will reply soon.

We love our 48” Zline. We are remodeling our kitchen DIY and it was very easy to convert to propane & install.We have had it 3 months and use it every day. Temp is on point, tested with an in oven thermometer. Use convection mode to even out the heat, because the back of the range does get considerably hotter than the front on high bake.

We will be installing the 48” hood soon!

• Sharon Gerlach

I'm very happy with my dual fuel RA36 range, as well as the range hood we purchased with it (a combo deal through Premium Home Source). We adjusted our burners easily after watching the video. Baking has been a challenge for me, but only because we transitioned from a gas oven to an electric oven, and adjusting to the difference after fifteen years of the former is taking some time. My oven runs about 25° off, which is no biggie and pretty typical. This range is sturdy - no flimsy knobs, solid grates. The ball-bearing racks in the oven are an absolute joy. The griddle is developing a nice patina - I use and restore vintage cast iron cookware, so I want to assure those with concerns about the "stains" on your griddle that this is normal; the more you use it, the more even the seasoning will become. We didn't throw extra layers of seasoning on ours before using it, and were pleasantly surprised that nothing stuck to it, so the factory seasoning is well done. The range hood is a bit noisy but it's worth it to not have my smoke alarm going off every time I cook like it did with my old range hood. Overall, we're thrilled with these appliances.

• Sharon Gerlach

• Cheryl Springtime

Just an observation...I found this Houzz thread because my stove was acting up: when I searched for reviews to see if anyone else was having issues. I have to wonder and be suspicious of people who are thrilled with their stove and are on the internet searching for reviews.

Cheryl I was searching convection bake Vs regular bake and low bake. Nothing suspicious there! 😊

• John Tuhey

We purchase a z-line range hood and could not be more disappointed in the quality and service. The lights have gone out and we have spent endless hours with customer service by email trying to get this resolved. They send you very complicated parts and expect that you will resolve it. And then they follow up with "how's my service" when I am 6 weeks without an operating range hood. I'm not an electrician and the fact that I've spent this amount of hours on a warrantied product is ridiculous. I would definitely not recommend z-line products. Bad product, bad support.

• B Lewis

Cheryl Springtime. I found this thread because my zline was making noise, and I wanted to see if others experienced the same thing and wanted to know if there was a fix. Zline sent me brackets to rectify the problem, and while I am not a long termer, I am satisfied with the product and service. The wild swings in satisfaction give me pause, but until I have an issue, I would recommend their products!

• ldimom

Add me to the long list of disappointed customers. I was so excited to get my Zline and wrongly thought it is a quality product. The oven is terrible. You cannot get bread of any kind cooked on the bottom. Pizza crust. Homemade bread. Rolls. Nothing. Top is burnt and bottom is raw dough. It is so frustrating. We will be attempting to return to Lowe’s. We bought the 48-inch dual fuel as well as range hood and microwave drawer. So far the hood and microwave work fine. Hood is loud but maybe all are. Oven is ridiculous. Not gonna work for people who actually bake like we do. So disappointing after we totally renovated our kitchen and this range is totally not a good product. My husband has already notified our credit card company who plans to help us get a refund if needed. We will try Lowe’s first.

• Cheryl Springtime

I am furious with them because they are too cheap to hire decent delivery/pickup service. I received the new stove on Feb 3rd and the old one is still sitting in the middle of my kitchen floor. New Leaf requested that I contact the delivery people and I did. Last time I said it's not my responsibility to nag them so she contacted the company and still nothing is resolved. The 2nd stove, still sitting in my driveway has sat through an ice storm and then a snow storm and the box covering it has disintregrated. I want them both gone.

• ldimom

Is your new one working correctly? Since we only got ours in December, I don't really want a replacement. It appears to have the redesigned thermostat in the back and still doesn't begin to cook evenly. Can't even cook a Papa Murphys pizza so what is the point of keeping? We are going to Lowes Store Mgr first and onto credit card company from there. I tried calling the Zine number THEY posted here. No ring only says "this mailbox is full" absolute farce of a company!

• Cheryl Springtime

@ldimom Yes the new one is working. I have to rotate the food halfway through baking and sometimes I have to move it to the lower section and turn to low bake but that's rare, depends on what I'm baking. I set a timer so that I remember to turn it at the halfway mark.

The burner flames are lower than the original stove too, right out of the box, so now I can simmer on the front right burner.

• ilikefriday

@Cheryl Springtime

Did you contact Michael at Zline after he posted here early last month? If so, what did he have to say?

ZLINE Kitchen and Bath

Micheal from ZLINE (Senior CS manager) is personally responding to every one of the customers who are reaching out on this forum. To our knowledge, we have not posted a number on the forum to call @idimom, but if you give us your order number, we will call you within the hour and set up a refund or help you troubleshoot. Again, we sell over 10,000 units of these a month, with a less than 1% return rate, if the unit cant cook a pizza properly it is not functioning properly and we need to take care of you immediately. Happy to refund or fix the unit immediately. The email to contact for this forum is customercare@zlinekitchen.com

• Cheryl Springtime

@ilikefriday...No I thought that was only for refunds and repairs. The thing is they can't control the delivery company, unless they choose a different one.

• Cheryl Springtime

Okay, so I contacted that email and I just got the same regurgitated information that I've been getting for a month. Edited to add: someone called me and they are working on it. Will update if I get rid of the two stoves.

• The_Lane_Duo
    yesterday
    last modified: yesterday

@Cheryl Springtime

No fishiness here. I have been on houzz for quite some time while we built our home & still hang out here (mainly because I am still waiting on my professional Frigidaire column fridge/freezer/trim set and keep checking that thread as well...been waiting on the set for a very very long time.). We love our Zline range! We have used it now for 6 months. The only thing I have noticed this past month was that sometimes I need to rotate cakes or casseroles midway thru the cooking cycle (while using the largest oven on conv bake at any temperature) because it was cooking slightly faster towards the back. This has only started to be noticeable this past month so I plan to ask my husband if there is something I need to adjust, or I will make a call to Zline to see if something has gotten out of whack that I can personally adjust here (mainly since this was not a previous issue). If you are looking for a range with all the bells & whistles & electronics, this isn't it. But, if you are looking for a workhorse with no electronic gadgets, then I'd recommend Zline.

Modern Farmhouse with Rustic Wood Influences and Industrial Design Elements - Zl · More Info