Software
Houzz Logo Print
i_see_spots_too

15 years ago
Hi. I desperately need some help picking out a back splash for my kitchen. My counter top is bianco antico and the cabinets are Benjamin Moore OC 17 white dove. Any suggestions are very much appreciated!!! Please help!!!
Bianco Antico · More Info

Comments (19)

  • 15 years ago
    Personally, I'd go for some contrast by bringing in more of the brown -
    - a tile such as Heath's Toffee Crackle might be where I'd go...
    ...but I'd definitely suggest you take your stone and cabinetry samples with you while you go tile shopping so you can make the best selection for you.
  • 15 years ago
    Thank-you for the suggestion and the advice!
  • 15 years ago
    i agree. picking the backsplash was harder than almost any other aspect of our kitchen remodel. i got samples and lived with them for several days in different lights, etc. and it was still tough. whatever you choose needs to be something you are happy to live with and will blend both your cabinets and countertop together. JMO :)
  • 13 years ago
    I would like to know what you ended up with, I have exactly the same problem
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I went with a stainless steel mosaic (1" X 2") backsplash. Our cabinets are walnut. It looks great with our Bianco Antico
  • 13 years ago
    Kimloganshand, Is there a picture of your backsplash on houzz? And where did you get it? It sounds like just what I am looking for!
  • 13 years ago
    I have tried to attach a picture with no success. I live in NS Canada so probably won't help with the store name, it was a specialty tile place in Moncton NB, but I have seen stainless subway tiles and smaller ones like ours in Home Depot lately.
  • 13 years ago
    I have uploaded pictures to an ideabook called kitchen reno. Hope it helps.
  • 13 years ago
    Desperately have the same problem. Original granite was "stolen" as they say, even with a deposit, had to scramble to find something else. Just got installed today. I had wanted a white granite (fantastic white - no where to be found again), but after 3 weeks of searching and deadline approaching I went with one similar to the above. Have a few days left to decide on the back splash: either white subway, or Milky Way marble mosaic which is soft white, with veins of taupe, etc... Any comments would be appreciated. Cabs are BM 0C65 Chantilly Lace.
  • 13 years ago
    I am installing white cabinets and bianco antico granite. I'm leaning toward white subway tiles with bronze glass accent tile for backsplash. I may go all in with some type of white paint.
  • 13 years ago
    Tks Kim - I will be searching for the next few day Friday is DDay. Maybe subway with a taupe glass 1/2 x 24" single tile. I painted BM very pale taupe (looks darker on the photo). This has been the hardest few months I have ever spent. Many kitchen cabinet disasters as well., waiting for replacement pieces too. Good luck with your kitchen.
  • 13 years ago
    I am doing the same as Kerry. White cabinets with a glaze that is a green/grey. I am doing white subway tiles with bronze and maybe a grey glass accent
  • 13 years ago
    I finally decided and the backsplash has gone up today, just grout, fan etc.... left. I did decided on the mosaic milky white marble tiles, could not find a nice coordinating glass, nor a subway that looked good with my counter. Will submit a photo once fully completed. But I have used this site for the past year and its been a great help. Good luck on yours
  • 13 years ago
    White cabinets with Bianco Antico...what color to put on the walls a taupe or something like a sage?
  • 13 years ago
    It depends on the lighting. I had sage in my kitchen, but not a lot of natural light and it looked dull. I've installed the new white cabinets and the bianco antico countertops go in on Monday. I choose a Benjamin Moore color called Brandy Cream. It's creamy white with a splash of brandy and a single drop of red for warmth.
  • 13 years ago
    This is gorgeous. It's the modern version of what I did! I love the open shelving.
  • 12 years ago
    I have attached my cabinet choice/stain color. I also picked Bianco Antico for my Guest bathroom and laundry room. I am hoping they go together? Still up in the air on the flooring? Any suggestions?
  • 12 years ago
    I love this, and it will go great. Depending on how much light you get, you can do hardwood floors in a similar color to the cabinet, or a light colored tile. White would work, with some type of chocolate or black accent color.