Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_889443

Tiling transition between two room stick with same dimensions?

8 years ago

We are remodeling after Hurricane Harvey. The entry and dining is in a porcelain high polish marble look 12X24 tile. It transitions through small french doors in to the kitchen. I have picked a 16X16 tile for the kitchen and just before ordering it, noticed that it also comes in 12X24. So I wondered if it would be better to have the same dimension tile than switching. If I used the same dimension tile and ran it the same direction as the dining/entry, it would mean the tile would be laid perpendicular to the long run of the kitchen and where the breakfast area joins the den ( with a 60 plus inch no door opening) the tile would be running perpendicular to that opening. We plan on putting wood in that room - the 7 inch planks which I plan on running long wise in the room ( which would end up being perpendicular to the kitchen area. Would it be better to just stick with the 16x16 or would it flow better with 12X24?

Comments (10)