Software
Houzz Logo Print
katia_also

I need help with this wall , mirror or frames?

8 years ago
Not sure what I want to do with this wall. I have this huge mirror and can’t find something that will compliment without being overpowering. I just purchased this mirror but this is similar design....any suggestions. This mirror I just purchase I’m thinking of the hallway.

Comments (19)

  • 8 years ago
    To be serious, I think art would work better since the mirror is reflecting the tv. If I had to pick, I’d say the rectangular one and a little lower. the round one may seem too small above the sofa unless you put other stuff around it.
  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    joe,,lmao. what joe said. (when you post a pic for us to see, then post an entire pic of the wall so we can see!) You seem to have a plethora of sheepskin pillows

    Mirror is a bit high and a bit small for the back of the sofa. some beautiful artwork would be better. you may not be into mountain goats, so this is just an example.

  • 8 years ago
    Either you have several big fluffy dogs on the sofa or you have too many pillows. What happens if someone ever wants to sit on the sofa?
    The problem with the mirror is what it reflects...except the man. He's fine, but the tv is too high.
  • 8 years ago
    Thanks for everyone respond. I added all these pillows because my dog loves to go on the sofa. It’s not a huge issue but when he goes on the sofa, he start doing that digging and leaves marks , since the furniture is velvet-like. I love colors!! So I do have several art throughout my living room space, hallway and bedroom. I have another seat that my dog goes on.
  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    very cool. what if you put those 3 over the sofa and the mirror over this console?

    also,,,since you like color,,,found this chair color you may like

    or this one. would be a cute side chair near the chartreuse console.

    and other colorful sofa art options

    Check out The Jungalow,,,she's very colorful

  • 8 years ago

    If you could somehow let the mirror reflect the artwork, wherever they're placed, it would work better than the TV. I'm concerned with where a visitor is to sit with all the pillows for the protection from your dog. Can he (dog) be trained not to get on couch? or is it too late for that?

  • 8 years ago
    I have that mirror in my guest bath.
  • PRO
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Pictures are to big for your sand, move them above the sofa as suggested


    .And mirror above the console

  • 8 years ago

    thanks celery! they look good over there. that nude mannequin,,,i dunno,,,

  • 8 years ago

    Hang the mirror vertically 5" above that olive green credenza. I would clear off the top of it and use only the two glass bottles, empty, on one side of it. Hang the two colorful outside pieces 5" above the sofa. You want art to hang 5" above the back and not to be wider than 75% of the sofa's width, so two of them will do it. Let's look around for a spot for the lady in the middle to hang.

  • 8 years ago
    @celery wow!! How did you do that? Is this part of the app? I am new to this app and this my first discussion. Help me please!! Btw: happy holidays!
  • 8 years ago
    @beth H. Thanks for the inspiration. I have a fuchsia chair already. This is my dog favorite spot to be in. Although the has 4 dog beds. Lol.
  • 8 years ago
    @beth h but I love the art frame decor on the wall. I might just get rid of the mirror and put in the hallway. ♀️
  • 8 years ago

    katia,,,celery does that on her own. she's great at it!

    dog is a perfect match w/the chair!

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Kathie! It is a Photoshop.

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    I think i did with not right scale..here is what deco suggested

  • 8 years ago

    mirror looks great over that. katia, if it's too tall, turn it sideways.

  • 8 years ago

    Perfect, celery!

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz