Software
Houzz Logo Print
simplechoices

New fireplace in time for Christmas- Before and After

8 years ago

The old brick fireplace hadn't been used in 20 years and was drafty. I did not like the arches and wanted gas. I wanted to keep some of the brick but after pricing out several design options, I decided to hide and cover. It was the cheapest solution as everything is still intact behind the new facade. It cement board on the lower portion and mdf up top with trim. The hearth, we had covered with large format stone tile.


Before:



After:



Comments (10)

  • 8 years ago

    Came out great.

    I think the piece of art should be framed.

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Looks great!

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Wow, what a huge change that made! Looks great!

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Nice transformation!

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    New fireplace looks very nice, the back wall looks very good as well. congratulations.

    J Design Group
    225 Malaga Ave
    Coral Gables, FL 33134
    Ph: 305-444-4611
    https://www.JDesignGroup.com

  • 8 years ago

    LOVE the new FP! but i feel there are too many things around the mantle and fire place distracting from the beauty of the FP

  • 8 years ago
    Where did you put the gigantic tv?
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Gorgeous update! And very clever ;)

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    I totally agree about Christmas mantels! You cannot ever judge a home's style at Christmas time, it always looks lovely with decorations on it! I really like your painting as well, it remains me of painting with a twist paintings which I'm a big fan of :)