Software
Houzz Logo Print
thorngrower

nothing going on

Have been reading what everyone is doing and whats going on in their gardens then there is my reality...Busy at work though...

Comments (21)

  • 8 years ago

    Even here we need indoor activities and outdoor activities; you certainly do. I hope you enoy snow sports!

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Ha, ha. That's great! Your photo says it all. The snow IS beautiful, though. If you get bored, we could trade places for awhile. I've been trying to figure out how to escape to Canada. :-) Carol

  • 8 years ago


    Just for you. This dragon puffs fire and it is so warm. I know a lot of you are Harry Potter' s fan especially Canadians.

    If I can send that dragon to you and bring you here, I will. He is very handsome and my favourite. Once ,he got me. Walking in wee hours like 4ish am. He blew fire without warning and I jump out of my skin. Drop coffee and the whole kibosh thing.

    Jin


  • 8 years ago

    I am hoping to go Canada this year just to see my best friend and also to see Northern lights and go for snow train.

    Jin

  • 8 years ago

    A real winter. You'll enjoy a good summer though I expect... We get that kind of snow where I am, on rare occasions. I'm half expecting something like that within the next month, but no sign of it so far.

    It's a nice photo to look at, but maybe not to live with too often..

  • 8 years ago

    Yeah, sometimes we just want four seasons not heat all the time. But we do a lot of water sports or absolutely nothing stay at home cold A/C.

    Jin

  • 8 years ago

    It's been 96 days since the last precipitation here, and that last one was only 0.02 inches. Please send some our way!

  • 8 years ago

    Jin, love the Dragon.. what fun!..

  • 8 years ago

    noseometer, please don't take it all, we'd like some too. It did actually rain a bit, but we need tons more. Saw a picture of the snow pack being measured in the Sierras. They were standing on grass. Oy vey!

    thorn, loved your title and picture.

  • 8 years ago

    Its been dreary, rainy and cold here instead of the usual sunny FL. I've been doing a little reading of the two rose books I got for Christmas :)

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Sultry, your book pile is nearly identical to my pile from last year. :-) This year, I'm indulging in this stack of goodies. So many books, and so little time! Even better with chocolate, yes? Carol

  • 8 years ago

    sjn... I've got that Noisette book, it's good isn't it? I thoroughly enjoy looking at it from time to time.. very informative...

  • 8 years ago

    Carol your current books look intriguing. I am gonna have to look those up. I love a good mystery! There's a book about Rose Rustlers? Wow, I know what I'm asking for on my birthday!

    Yes, everything is much better with chocolate, especially chocolate raspberry! lol

    Marlorena, I'm loving these books. I am googling roses as I read and then get lost in each one on hmf, so I'm going slowly and savoring it all lol. I can see I need a ton more roses :)

    ~Sjn

  • 8 years ago

    Ooo, sounds interesting. I got no books on roses instead I got some coming overspent on car ( transmission cracked). Maybe for my birthday also not for Xmas ( too long wait).

    Sjn and Carol, thank you guys .And you too Morlorena.

    Jin



  • 8 years ago

    Charming photo and how exciting to be skating on a lake like that... I can neither skate, swim or ride a bike, so I'm always in awe of those who can...

    They look so happy and having fun...

  • 8 years ago

    You've made me feel better, Marlorena. I thought I was the only person in the whole world who couldn't ride a bike. When I tell people that they look at me as though I had three heads.

  • 8 years ago

    Rest assured Ingrid, I get much the same response, as if I've been brought up 'wrong'..

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    I ride my bicycle everywhere except for long trips. I do have a car but it is tiny and very old. So I ride my bike mostly because having payments for a new car is not in my retirement plan.


    But maybe the joke is on me. This year, for the first year ever, maintenance/repairs on my bicycle exceeded those for my car. I never would have thought that riding a bike would be more expensive than driving. PS my bike is 22 and my car is 18.

  • 8 years ago

    Marlorena, my brother of course taught himself to ride a bike just as he taught himself to drive a car. I was always the "odd one" in the family, afraid to learn how to drive, although I did manage that feat by the old age of 18. I can swim though, yay.

  • 8 years ago

    I wish, I can skate so my daughter learned and she is really good but not my son. He hates cycling and skating. We all can swim as family . I am glad that I can cycle and swim but too bad for skating.

    Before, I met my husband, he cycle everywhere in Miami. He even cycle from South Beach, Miami to Key West. That was when he moved down from Michigan.

    Mariannese, great picture of your daughter and her kids. They looked like it is fun inspite of the cold..brrrr :)

    Jin