Software
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_7533405

Transform your kitchen with an island oasis

13 years ago
A kitchen transformation does not always require a complete redesign. With this example I was able to take a serviceable kitchen and transform it into an stylish elegant kitchen by removing the “L” shaped peninsula and replacing it with beautiful island. With the addition of granite counter tops and a simple hardware change, I was able to create the look my client desired within her budget constraints.

Comments (27)

  • 13 years ago
    Love it!! That island is beautiful.
  • 13 years ago
    Wow! It looks so much more expensive now.
  • 13 years ago
    Great transformation!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Much improved! Congrats!
  • 13 years ago
    Great makeover - simple changes for big impact.
  • 13 years ago
    Beautiful, but do you miss the seating area you had previously... where you may have had stools along the back raised part of the counter? We have a similar layout and our family sits at those spaces more than the kitchen table.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    That was a good idea to take this as your opportunity to add contrast by adding a black island.
  • 13 years ago
    That's exactly what I want to do with my kitchen
  • 13 years ago
    Good job opening up the space and making it feel more open!
  • 13 years ago
    I love that island.. a great job!!...Did you paint the cabinets??
  • 13 years ago
    I seen that too lol
  • 13 years ago
    Where did u get the island? Total cost?
  • 13 years ago
    I would like to know total
    Cost as well if you don't mind. I would like to do the same thing! Great inspiration!
  • 13 years ago
    Lv..Lv..Lv island
  • 13 years ago
    is the island partly on carpet & partly linoleum?
  • 13 years ago
    Just starting a home build and absolutely love Houzz...so many choices which is a bit overwhelming. Island in the kitchen a must so looking at ideas. This website is phenomenal...
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Perfect! Job well done!
  • 13 years ago
    Great change!
  • 13 years ago
    This is our exact layout and size! How much space did you leave between the island and the counters? Is it 42"?
  • 13 years ago
    Great idea and it has opened the area up nicely..well done
  • PRO
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Nice island!
  • 13 years ago
    I like how the backsplash isn't the "usual" subway tile.
  • 13 years ago
    Like it!
  • 13 years ago
    Island is great but the flooring choice is questionable?
  • 13 years ago
    So you have this beautiful island & 2 kinds of flooring under it? Vinyl & carpet? I would have chosen a laminate wood floor at least.