Software
Houzz Logo Print
hmundschutz

What is this Epiphyte from Daintree rain forest?

8 years ago


I came across this beautiful flower in the Daintree rain forest on my trip in Australia. It had its roots wrapped around a tree with some artificial assistance due to a rain forest restoration project. These roots come together to form a stalk that branches off to several smooth, long, dark-green leaves and a short vine with many small-ish bright pink flowers coming off of it. they appear to have five outer petals each that are wavy, curled, and pointed, along with three small, round inner petals surrounding the stamen with bottom one significantly longer and looking more like one of the outer petals. I was unable to get close enough to see how many stamen there were. I know that there is probably not enough information to fully identify it but any help would be appreciated. Thank-you.

Comments (2)