Software
Houzz Logo Print
linkss

Opinions on kitchen backsplash!

13 years ago
We have just bought a new house and are renovating, however due to budget constraints, despite our dislike for cherry wood, we cannot redo our kitchen entirely. The back wall of the kitchen however is quite damaged and needs a proper backsplash - plus I think it will give a 'fresh' look to an oldish kitchen.

I was thinking along the lines of metro tiles, for a trendy but not too modern feel. My indecision lies in what colour metro tiling to get - black; dark grey; cream; or white?

The house is a very old house (1890) so I wouldn't want a complete modern feel to the kitchen, yet we do like a 'country-esque' feel.

I would definitely be hanging up some brass pots and pans along the backsplash as a point to bear in mind.

This is my first design dilemma and I am new to the 'houzz' community so can't wait for feedback! Thanks in advance

Comments (13)