Software
Houzz Logo Print
weedy_weidenthal

Tractor Supply Pine Shavings for 5-1-1 Mix?

8 years ago

Hey guys I was looking for potting soil today and thought I’d found a good deal at $6 per 1.5 cu. ft. For an organic mix when I noticed that tractor supply has Pine Shavings for $6 for 5.5 cu. ft. I was wondering if anybody knows if this would be a suitable source of pine for 5 1 1 mix.


Comments (2)

  • 8 years ago
    Looks like a good thing to experiment with ... I’m looking to do a few plants with the 511 for my spring repot so I’d be interested in what others have to say :)
  • 8 years ago

    I seriously doubt it. Sapwood would rot quickly, I think.

    You should post this in the container gardening forum. I think you can get better expert advice than I can give over there.