Software
Houzz Logo Print
petula

help with my cabinets.

13 years ago
I just ordered marquette cabinets in cavas by kraftmaid. My family seem to think they are too traditional for my taste, but I love them. Someone please tell me this look works with any style. Thank you.

Comments (21)

  • 13 years ago
    Do you have a photo of the cabinets?
  • 13 years ago
    Is this your cabinet?
  • 13 years ago
    That's it! Thanks!
  • 13 years ago
    I changed the draw to the classic style, it looks a little simpler. For some reason I can't find a photo - there are just so many confusing names of cabinets that look the same.
  • 13 years ago
    Is the rest of your home very modern? I wouldn't say this is as neutral in terms of going either traditional or contemporary/modern as say a plain white shaker cabinet.
  • 13 years ago
    If you saw this cabinet style in a cherry or mahogany finish it would be very traditional. The white gives it a more cottage look, but not quite. I think it's a more neutral style of cabinet that could blend well with many styles of décor.
  • 13 years ago
    Oh boy! I forgot to add that my center island is cherry wood in kaffe stain. It might be traditional, but hopefully I can handle it. I really like the King Ivory granite, but I'm swaying towards Bianco Romano. I wish I would have found this forum before :( My house decor, by the way, is transitional. Or, just a bunch of stuff that I like :)
  • 13 years ago
    That's the best definition of transitional I've ever heard! I think your cabinets are beautiful in both finishes.
  • 13 years ago
    Get what you love! You can always add some modern elements to it. Here's a link to a discussion involving someone who was having second thoughts about her traditional kitchen - some ideas on adding some modern flair
    http://houzz.com/discussions/502950
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Agreed with comments so far that I've seen above. I guess a few more photos would not hurt to post here if you can: island, cabinets etc. I agree...get what you love! Heck...you can always paint them someday if you get tired of the look. :)
  • 13 years ago
    Awww thank you olldbobbi. Now, help me with hardware, knobs, handles, or both? Send me some pics or, websites. I kind of like industrial pendants to go over my island, - or, is it too much of a fad?
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    KraftMaid Dove White · More Info

    Is this similar to what you describe?
    click under the pic for more views of this space
  • 13 years ago
    Industrial lighting? Hmmm..... How about sort of industrial? [houzz=
    Eureka Snowlab 1 Glass Pendant Light · More Info
    ]
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks, sam. There's some good ideas up there. I'm feeling better already.
  • 13 years ago
    Not quite, Anne, those panels are recessed - mine are raised. They looked really pretty though.
  • 13 years ago
    This is a light I like because it has some of the industrial look of the restoration hardware benson pendant (another favorite) but not too much
    http://houzz.com/photos/98256
  • 13 years ago
    There are also some nice globe lights at west elm and rejuvenation (more pricey) that could go either way in terms of style
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks, sam! you have great taste. The mercury one is very reasonably priced. I could put three of them up over my island and not break the bank. Like the others too... This is so much fun!
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you! Glad you like them:)