Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
decolor

Does BM Classic Gray go with Revere Pewter?

J Adams
6 years ago
I want BM Classic Gray as my main interior color. I was wondering what other colors I can pair it with which would flow well together in an open, circular floor plan? Would Classic Gray work with Revere Pewter? Or what other colors (I like gray and gray-green) would you recommend?

Comments (8)

• PRO
    Dragon Seed Interior Design Inc.
    6 years ago

Absolutely love this combination. I have used this combination for clients and it is classic and sophisticated.

• J Adams
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Thank you, this eases my mind quit a bit! What other colors can I add to the mix? Have you tried lightening Revere Pewter, or darkening Classic Gray?
  • houssaon
    6 years ago

I used Revere Pewter instead of white for all of the trim in two bedrooms and the hall. It is very easy to live with.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Well, as one who has cut and paired BM Wish AF 680 to half more times than I can count to use in conjunction with same full strength? I'd say it very much depends I know AF 680 like my own ssnumber........

At either strength it is gorge on walls and everything on the planet looks good with it.

Admittedly, sometimes a cut is a fail until custom tweaked and then.......tada! perfection. It isn't always cut, shake and carry : )

• PRO
    Dragon Seed Interior Design Inc.
    6 years ago

I'm not a fan of darkening a paint colour but lightening is never a problem. Both colours are a great backdrop for other finishes. Use the matte finish if you won't have a lot of traffic. The light is absorbed more and creates a rich velvety texture.

Two other neutral paint colour that might work for you are BM Seasalt and Cosmopolitan.

An aside, I recommend trim and doors to be painted with a satin or an eggshell finish.

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    6 years ago

I'm not a fan of darkening a paint colour but lightening is never a problem.

You might get lucky like Jan and it works out. But you don't know what you're going to get until you have the custom, brand new color mixed and can look at. At which point you own the paint.

If you can afford to buy sample after sample and/or have the time to stand at the counter while the mixer person goes back and forth umpteen million times tweaking the color, then great, try cutting as many paint colors as you want to. But there's a better way to find a lighter version of a paint color.

For example, here's the solution for a lighter version of Agreeable Gray and an example of what you get if you do cut its formula. https://youtu.be/uNxcWC-6lvU

• Barb Gimbel
    6 years ago

I thought I finally figured out my colors for an open concept dining, living and kitchen. Cabinets are going to be BM White Dove with the island being BM Kendall Charcoal. I chose the whole area to be a SW Dorian Grey. All other rooms will be SW Mindful Grey. This afternoon we did a sample on the wall of each color. I love Mindful Grey but I am concerned the Dorian may be to dark or green. Trim will be off white. Help????? I need this by tomorrow. Concerned.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz