Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nasmijati

OLLD 6/9

nasmijati
10 years ago
Good morning everyone! Let us enjoy the beauty of the outdoors today. Here is a farm field of lavender.

Comments (108)

• armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    You right Jayme and we decorate around our dogs.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    I am clearing out my DVR-12 episode of NCIS and some studying while I wash clothes. Got a phone call my bed and dresser is in from my bed room, I am so not ready for that room yet.
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Nice!
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    I have been having problem with my toilet, change the fill valve but now I think that it is the flush valve, I turn the pipe of and the water leaks out.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Bobbi-I am having them hold it at their warehouse and thank God they do not charge storage. I told her end of month I will pick it up. I was suppose to try to redo the current nightstand and sure enough I have not started yet. At least I did not need any help there. LOL
  • DIAspoton
    10 years ago
    jayme my household is down to 2 dogs and 1 cat. seems so strange. lost my older cocker spaniel a couple of months ago to multiple health issues.
    my miniature australian shepherd was with me for a year. he recently went back to live with his other mom(and dad). it's complicated but it's all good. he'll be with me for 2 weeks in august. i'm not going to foster or adopt for awhile. my other cocker is old and blind and gets a bit confused.
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Has anyone ever seen this before? I think it's the coolest thing I've ever seen. Glow in the dark pavers! You paint on this glow in the dark paint, the sun charges them during the day and at night they glow!
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    OMG! DIA, I could never foster a dog... I couldn't give them up... I would turn into a hoarder for sure!
    After my "buddy boy" passed, I didn't want another dog either, but AJ (the havanese) was so upset, (as I was) the DH decided HE would take it upon himself to find another dog... *sigh*... As much as I love Gordon, he can be a real problem when I have clients come to the house...
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Ok, so I read the reviews and this glow in the dark paint doesn't work at all. Never mind.
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    OMG! that is so cool Bobbi!... That would look awesome as a paved patio area by a pond.... Hmmm
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    Well poo... scratch that idea... LoL
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Wow, I wont even begin with my dogs in that even their names are a conversation piece. I got Mimi a Bichon Poodle back in 2006 and then realized she was bored and got Cannon a Cocker Poodle. Before I had a chance to get them fix came home one day and they were stuck. Found out right away that Mimi was pregnant and afraid that she might not carry them because Cannon was not a big dog. Mimi gave birth to two cutey and I named them Mulder and Scully from the X File. Mulder-dog completely white and Scully has brown spots on him. They were born in 2008 and some how I have not been able to separate them or give them to anyone especially if they cannot take two dogs. My handy man seeing how much I loved dogs just accidently left a mutt-Scrappy, when I took him to the Vet they thought he was a Yorkie mix. Needless to say they live on my patio, they are a lot of work but they are my babies. They have a huge backyard and I have to find a way for them to dig as they please.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Bobbi-I was like send me the link...
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    @DIAspoton...sorry for your loss! I know the feeling :(
    @Angela..I had a similar incident with my bichon MiMi...didn't think females could get pregnant so early (less than a year old)...and got a pound dog, terrier cross..looked out the back window into backyard and they were stuck together..she showed no signs of being in heat either!! SEVEN puppies later...from a 8.7# mother....I was present, assisted with the births...all 7 lived. Ginger is the runt, and we kept her...all the others were weaned and went to good homes. Needless to say, both were spayed. Now they r the best of companions.
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    Speaking of dogs...discovered a nice, huge mess in basement...our bigger dog had a little accident...(big accident) very unusual for her...no more rib bones!! And happy we have a neighbor friend with an industrial carpet cleaner!
  • evierh
    10 years ago
    Angela – Sorry I’m so late getting back to your post .. out shopping! It’s a beautiful, sunny day today, but I understand we’re going back to rain tomorrow.

Bobbi – I can’t believe 106 degrees; I’d probably hide in the basement all day, reorganizing my crafts room!

Pattyann – I had a friend who had 2 Bouvier years ago, and 2 small dogs .. and who do you think ruled the house .. not the Bouviers!
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Astraea, I remember when we lived in NJ my mother used to do all her ironing in the basement in the summer! This was the days before perma-press, natch! And last year we hit 113 for two straight weeks. I was ready to come unglued by the end of the heat wave!
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    Hahaha... Astraea, I know that all too well..... AJ rules this house as well... Gordon tries to show his dominance by humping him (rolling eyes) but he won't take any crap from him... It's pretty cute when they play tho..
    We spend time in our basement when it gets too hot here... We even slept down there until we go the heat pump...
    OMG! the sun came out!.... I am outa here! Later....
  • evierh
    10 years ago
    Bobbi - Aren't you in northern CA?
  • Judy M
    10 years ago
    Our weekend guests went home.
    Our son, daughter in law and grandson are spending the week at one of the rentals. We told them to go out to dinner while we sit for grandson.

Weather is picture perfect here in RI today.

Tomorrow is wash all the sheets and towels from guests and clean the house.

Life is good! Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend.
  • Robin W
    10 years ago
    So we're home and starting to get settled. DD is cleaning her room as apparently our new addition gnaws on things when bored. I guess we'll see.

He's pretty awesome already though. He was surrendered to the Humane society because the family was moving and their new place wouldn't allow dogs. He's trained and obeys most commands. He's a 3 year old Doberman-Collie(?) cross.
  • Robin W
    10 years ago
    Name is Carrick.
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    pretty dog Robin!
  • Robin W
    10 years ago
    He's actually pretty darned smart. And so far so good. While we were sitting in the hall waiting to finalize the adoption, a lot of people walked up to him and were admiring him. He was very calm and didn't react at all. There were also a bunch of other dogs having a barking match down the hall, and he just watched... didn't get involved.
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    Awww Robin he looks like such a sweetheart! Doberman's are awesome dogs! Although I have never had a collie, I think that will be a great mixed breed... He will love both of you for sure!
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    Got the gutters and deck rail done (in the front).. just taking a smoke break... would do it outside, but wanted to sit down for awhile...
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    Sorry eztia, I didn't see that... I bet it looks great... Such a creative mind you have...
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    Lord, my sacroiliac joint on the left is giving me grief! I need a chiropractor, pronto!! I want to go out and plant my new Joe Pye Weed, but need to dig up a struggling potentilla shrub. May need hubby's help...those roots r stubborn!!
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    I don't know too much about Doberman's but I do love collies. The little one, I think it's called a Sheltie, or something like that! Congrats Robin on the newest addition to your family!

Astraea, yep we're in NorCal but in the valley, We get a desert like climate - boiling hot in the summer and freezing in the winter. I love the winter!
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    Collie's are wonderful dogs...My grandparents had one named Georgie...she was great!!!
  • DIAspoton
    10 years ago
    bobbi, summers there sound brutal. must be tough to be outside at all.
    yeah robin. carrick looks lovely. i had a fabulous,large doberman. 110lbs of muscle. looked scary to strangers but an absolute sweetheart.
    patty, i used to think i couldn't foster but really you can help so many more animals if you are able to let them go to good homes. i'm sure i'll foster again before too long. just taking a break.
    the mini aussie,MAXimum Mayhem was not a foster. long story, great dog and i miss him but as i said it's all good. he's a lucky guy to have so many people love him.
    feel better jayme.
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    I had a Doberman in my other life... My ex wouldn't let me keep him, but he didn't either... Gave him to some jerk that turned him into a cat killer... I cried when I heard that... He was such a sweetheart... But they can be mean too if trained to be... :-(
  • Robin W
    10 years ago
    Awesome. Supposed to play ball in an hour and its pouring rain out. Ugh
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    Jayme... my sacroiliac used to go out when I was pregnant with my youngest... He was 9lbs 15oz when he was born... If I laid on my back I couldn't get up because it hurt so bad... So I know how you feel... Mine still gets sore if I sleep wrong.... Relax... don't do too much work! Get better!
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    Robin... take your new boy with you... I bet he would be more than happy to help you catch the ball... :-)
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    Thx pattyannb and DIAspoton...I am limping around..Patti..trouble lying in any position but my stomach at night! I take so much ibuprofen it's not good so tomorr. will go to chiropractor is it's still bad...too much to do next week to feel like this!!
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    Sorry... guess that wasn't appropriate... For those of you that may have seen it...
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    Said what Patty? I say inappropriate things sometimes, all in good humour, of course.
  • kimdee24
    10 years ago
    Robin -- your dog is beautiful! Congrats!

Everyone -- the day turned out to be okay, not the greatest and cold at times but no rain, and I played quite well. I lost the match 11-8 but it was close and in the end, I'm glad I played.
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Hi all, busy day again.

Kd - glad you enjoyed your day after all. Hope the 19th made up for the other 18.
  • kimdee24
    10 years ago
    Since we're showing off our furbabies, here's mine. Little Mocha. Sweetest dog ever, fresh from a spa day.
  • elcieg
    10 years ago
    jayme,try taking Ecotrin, coated aspirin, as much as the label says you can, for seven days. Drink lots of water. Everyone has given up on aspirin, but it takes away swelling. Unless you drink more than 3 drinks a day (alcohol).
  • elcieg
    10 years ago
    Kimdee, havrnese? I love her.
  • kimdee24
    10 years ago
    Shih-tzu! I love her a lot too!

@Jayme -- I have an SI joint issue at times too. I'm sorry it's acting up, it can be quite painful.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Kimdee, her and Bella could be family, they are the cutest dogs ever. Robin, you will love her.
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    @judyg... Thanks!!.Yes, I have used aspirin in the past..same family as Ibuprofen & eliminated by the kidneys. Both are in the NSAID family...Since I have used so much ibuprofen, I am worried about kidney damage. Prob. need to get some flexeril again...using 3 to 4 ibuprofen up to 4 x daily....too much. Seems like the constant rain/dampness isn't helping my aches either! Thx for the concern!! ;)
    @kimdee....cute, cutie pie she is!!
  • Robin W
    10 years ago
    Well, took the new guy to ball. I think we need some training. Let him off the leash as his recall had been good to that point - not a good idea. He took off on me. Then I tied him to the backstop and in the fourth inning, he chewed through his leash. And he was whining the whole time because he didn't have a ball.

I guess we're headed to obedience classes.
  • kimdee24
    10 years ago
    Robin, it will take some time until you 'get to know each other' and you establish yourself as the 'pack leader.' He doesn't know that yet. Be patient and yes, obedience classes are a good idea.
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    Oh... poor guy... Robin... you must remember he is confused... If he likes the ball, then he was played with...
    That is a good thing... But yes, I agree... he needs to learn when it's his or not... But he seems to be a happy guy...
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    OK... how can I get to MP? She doesn't have a place to send her an e-mail here... MP... Please e-mail me via HOUZZ... I think I my account is set up to get them... :-)