Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eileen_snow

Mid Mod Kitchen Remodel Complete!

Eileen Snow
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

With the hanging of pendant lights, the remodel of our 1964 ranch’s kitchen is complete! Basic footprint retained, though new bank of high gloss white cabinets added. the old honeyoak cabinets from the 1980s were professionally refaced, and painted. New floors, new white quartz tops, custom Bluestar range and vent. I’m in love with the Kartell Fly pendants!

Kitchen Remodel · More Info

Comments (18)

• PRO
    Napanee Design Ltd.
    6 years ago

Looks beautiful! Love the choice of backsplash!

Eileen Snow thanked Napanee Design Ltd.
  • Mia
    6 years ago

i love how it looks, nicely done!

Eileen Snow thanked Mia
  • PRO
    Verona Home Design
    6 years ago

Interesting color choice for the oven, and of course I really enjoy how the teapot matches! It would be neat to see the before photos.

Eileen Snow thanked Verona Home Design
  • PRO
    Pearl Remodeling
    6 years ago

Everything worked well together. I like the pop of color.

Eileen Snow thanked Pearl Remodeling
  • PRO
    21st Century Tile
    6 years ago

Love it! It looks great and I love the pops of color!

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    6 years ago

Looks excellent, great work!

Eileen Snow thanked OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
  • PRO
    May Construction, Inc.
    6 years ago

Love the pops of color, very unique and modern.

Eileen Snow thanked May Construction, Inc.
  • PRO
    Mega Builders
    6 years ago

Well done - looks great!

Eileen Snow thanked Mega Builders
  • PRO
    M&R Custom Millwork Inc
    6 years ago

Nice job!

Eileen Snow thanked M&R Custom Millwork Inc
  • PRO
    Studio NOO Design
    6 years ago

Very cool, love the blue pendant.

Eileen Snow thanked Studio NOO Design
  • PRO
    Rosenhaus Design Group, Inc.
    6 years ago

Looks good. Would have loved stainless steel cabinets around the stove. Daring stove - great.

• PRO
    Redkorp Inc - Design & Construction
    6 years ago

Love the look, good choice of backsplash!

Eileen Snow thanked Redkorp Inc - Design & Construction
  • trhatton
    6 years ago
    Nice job, love the pop of color and the backsplash!
    Eileen Snow thanked trhatton
  • lisaandmarcel
    6 years ago

Eileen wow ! Can you tell me honestly how you like cooking on the Bluestar. I am so confused !! Saw one in person today, salemen said they would be so hard to clean, as the spills go over all the parts. and that the stainless steel top would scratch easily as you lift the heavy grates and could easiest drag against the stainless. I would greatly appreciate feed back. I am looking at 6 burner range and wall oven. Possibly Bluestar Electric or GE Monogram or other. walloven. Thank you

• Eileen Snow
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Lisa- it’s so odd the salesperson has those ideas! When I went to buy my range, the sales person at the showroom here in Portland sold me on it by showing me how easy it is to clean the RNB (open burner), and how solidly made and simple the cast iron parts were. :0)

To be clear: mine is the open burner model (RNB series). I love the burners- love that I can get super hot temps on the front burners, and sear things easily. Back burners are lower BTUs for simmer. I’ve had zero problem with cleaning, and find the range top parts to remove easily. In between full cleanings, I simply use a damp sponge. Really, it is easy to care for.

I can’t comment on Bluestar wall ovens....

• lisaandmarcel
    6 years ago

Eileen, Thanks. I told him I thought it might be easier with all the info I have researched. But I get it if a big pot of tomoatoe soup boils over it is going to seem down and cover lots of stuff. However turning on the wolf sealed burner and other like it, just doesn't seem to have the same cooking quality as an entire open burner. I don't wok cook, but the video sure make me want to try and cook all those veggies up ! Yup RNB I was looking at.

• Eileen Snow
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Well, I’ve certainly boiled over some things! If that happens and liquids get under the burner ring- no big deal. Wait until it cools down, then lift off the ring and wipe it. If you take into account the heat capacity you’ll lose if you go to a closed burner, there is no comparison. If you love to cook, stick with the open burner design! Oh, and I have a wok and love how it sits right on the flame.