Software
Houzz Logo Print
kelli_devitto

Roofing nightmare

8 years ago

I hired a contractor to do my roof in May 2015. We paid them a deposit in August, the job was done in the fall and the rest of the money was paid to them after it was done. Six months later we started having issues with leaking on our back porch so we contacted the man who we hired who was the foreman for the company. It took him two years to get out to fix it and when he came he told me that they were no longer a company and he was doing me a favor by coming out. Another six months later and we now have leaking into bedrooms upstairs with a lot of water damage and more leaking on the back porch. Come to find out they dissolve the company a month after we signed the contract. Also tried to call to get the building permit to find out who pulled it and none was ever obtained. I know need a new roof and I am going to have to fix all the damage done inside my house. Is there anything I can do to get this person to pay for everything? I think I am going to need to sue them…

Comments (3)