Software
Houzz Logo Print
daniel_sutelman

Therapist office

8 years ago


This is my new office. I need suggestions on color for the walls. It doesn’t get a lot of light and I want soothing colors but not bland. Want to paint it all one color.

Comments (11)

  • PRO
    8 years ago
    I would suggest bm 1472 called silver chain. I have it all over my house and I love it. It's in the grey family but very soft. I would definitely say to add a nice patterned drape to both those windows. Does the carpet have to stay? If there's wood underneath that would be a huge plus.
    Good luck with it!
  • 8 years ago

    Bring out the artwork you plan to place on the walls. Pick a color from your artwork for walls and an accent color or neutral for curtains.

  • 8 years ago

    What color is the carpet , furniture, etc.?

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    You don’t need suggestions! You need solutions!

    You can get all the suggestions of people on this platform
    can offer, but your situation will be somewhat unique depending on the natural
    light that enters in your office and whether or not you have incandescent or
    fluorescent lamps, as well as the colors that these lamps contain.

    Truly, color is how you light it! It is not inherent in any
    object. If you look at a particular color in natural light and then take it
    into a store with fluorescent light, it will look totally different.

    You are in the therapy business. Here again people are not
    coming to you for suggestions, they’re coming to you hopefully for solutions.

    Watch out for the kind of suggestions you get on this platform.
    Many of them are dubious at best. That’s because the interior design industry is
    so easily infiltrated by everyone with an opinion, but not skill, knowledge, and
    wisdom. If they don’t have the prior attributes, then them telling you that
    they have passion will not mean a dang thing.

    The color of your walls is a backdrop not only for the
    things that will be placed on the wall and in front of the wall … It’s also a
    backdrop for You. It’s the color that your clients will see you against. So
    think of it as a photographer would.

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    One more thing. Remember, in your line of work, the right color can be employed to be therapeutic as well. Don't overlook this powerful aspect. :-)

    Daniel Sutelman thanked Spectrum Interiors
  • 8 years ago

    If you have people coming to you who are depressed, I would suggest not going with a gray. It could subconsciously make them feel worse. You need uplifting colors, energizing colors, but those that are soft. Do an internet search on colors and their effect on mood. You'll need comfy furniture and pillows.

    Daniel Sutelman thanked User
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    I would agree with the comment ... "If you have people coming to you who are depressed, I would suggest not going with a gray."

  • 8 years ago
    I am a Psychologist and my office is a creamy light tan with a touch of peach in it. My office is decorated in blues and off whites and it is warm and inviting.
  • 8 years ago
    I would not paint your office any shade of gray. You are a therapist so you understand that while everyone seems to be jumping on the gray wagon, it would be depressing in a therapist’s office. Even if only a few patients might find it depressing, why go there.

    Please don’t ask for color suggestions. Go to a paint store and start grabbing large paint sample cards. Start clearing out the colors you don’t like and you will know better than anyone else you ask.

    Then it is painting a large area of the top 3 or 4 on the walls, do not paint close together because reflection will impact the other samples.
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Colors are very important, here is some basic info about selection of colors. https://www.jdesigngroup.com/blog/color-mood-interior-design/

    J Design Group | Interior Design company in Miami, FL
    225 Malaga Ave
    Coral Gables, FL 33134
    Ph: 305-444-4611
    https://www.JDesignGroup.com