Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
macmartha

Shaw Floorte questions

macmartha
6 years ago

Does anyone know the difference between Shaw Floorte and Floorte Pro? It's not clear on their website. Also, they have other LVP products such as Fifth and Main and Dura Tru--are those waterproof as well?

Comments (8)

• Brian Edward
    6 years ago

Check out Coretec HD Plus by US floors

• Dana Cline
    6 years ago

I believe that the Floorte Pro is also marketed for commercial use. It has a 20mm wear layer. Also, I think that the Pro line is the one with the larger planks available...We are building new and just started installing the Shaw Floorte Pro Largo HD Plus (larger planks) in our house. It's beautiful and should last for a really long time. Our choices were between the Shaw Floorte and Coretec HD Plus and we just preferred the color options with Shaw. Good luck!

• PRO
    Cinar Interiors, Inc.
    6 years ago

Shaw bought out US Floors and are the main distributors of Coretec. Eventually the Floorte and Coretec line will be combined. Personally, as a dealer of Shaw, I favor Coretec over Floorte.

• Brian Edward
    4 years ago

I have cortec and have same issue with scratching. lt doesn’t happen easily but if you move an appliance or a piece of furniture it scratches deeply Even if you think it’s sliding nice (I moved a stove and had it on cardboard underneath and it still scratches) iMHO they have some work to do in This area.

I still love my floors. I have found if you take a wax cabinet repair crayon (right shade) and color in the scratches theN Take a razor knife and follow the grooves of the LVP you can make the scratches almost impossible to see. This is time consuming, but it works. Interestingly enough my kids (4 and 1) playroom has 0 scratches and they drag and drop toys across it all day. I think it is heavy items that cause scratching or metal.

• Ryan Copeland
    3 years ago

@tomhawk1 how are you floors holding up now? I'd love to hear you feedback since your last post was in 2018.

• tomhawk1
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

We love them. We use furniture protectors to protect from scratches but I also have a dog, cat and 3 kids and have not noticed any scratches at all. I would definitely buy again.

• Ryan Copeland
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

@tomhawk1 thank you for the feedback. Can you please share what actions have you identified that actually cause/create scratches? How is the upkeep? I've read that the flooring can be prone to footprints and other marks to be easily left behind.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH