Software
Houzz Logo Print
n_rutiaga

Kit Kitchen Sink recommendations

8 years ago
In the market for a kitchen sink. I like the long necks. I saw a couplr, wondering if coil ones get icky. Alsi brands. My contractor suggesting to stick to Deltas. What do you think and recommend? Its for a Taj Majal cream countertop island.

Comments (7)

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    There is no difference between brand fixtures purchased at a big box or at a local pluming supply store.

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Actually, there CAN be differences. If it is a model available ONLY at a box store, it will be engineered to a price point, not a quality point. If it is the same exact manufacturers model number, it’s the same product. However, box stores have a habit of adding a soap dispenser to the model name, and changing the model number, and chsnging the guts too. I’ve done the autopsies with a plumber. Plastic vs brass stems is the truth for those special box store only models.

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    DuPont, Corian's manufacturer, makes a double bowl sink, the 850p that's exclusive to Home Depot. It has sharper corners and looks more modern than the 850. I assure you that with a Corian label imprinted on it, that sink is engineered from a quality point.

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Huh? Is the OP talking about a sink like in her subject title? Or, is she talking about a kitchen sink faucet as her photo and post would seem?

    To the OP - glad you have changed from the bridge faucet of your earlier post. The "coil" faucets, also known as "pre-rinse faucets" don't get "icky" as you put it. Some people find them stiff to pull on, and some are only spray, no regular flow. It depends on the brand. You should try to find a place that has a number of brands on display connected to water so that you can feel them for yourself.

    Also pay attention to the height of the pre-rinse faucets. Some are very tall so you need to be OK with that height in your kitchen.

  • 8 years ago
    Thanks all! My post wad actually meant to inquire about a "faucet", titled it wrong. Still thanks for your input. Ended up getting this brushed nickel stainless 60/40, 6 gauge undermount ordered thru my granite vendor from Domain Industries. I hear that the one big triangular is what is in. It just would not work for me.

    As far as faucet, I'm still looking. Have to decude today. It is for island so clearance atop not a concern. A soap dispenser isn't priority, as I have had issues in past when going on vacay they stick due to unusage, later break etc. I rather the auto dispensers. This coil one draws me in but irs one of those things that I'm just not sure due to maintenance.
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    I buy Karran Edge series sinks and abrasives from Domain Industries. Great people and service.