Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sprint723

Which white for kitchen cabinets?

Jessica
6 years ago

Hi all. I'm painting my cherry kitchen cabinets (I know, I know - some people are going to be against this, but my mind is made up). I'm trying to figure out which white to do. It's tricky, and I'm not good with design or color. I'm one of those people who can tell you what she likes when she sees it finished on the pages of a magazine, but has a really hard time putting it together herself.

My walls are Martha Stewart Sharkey Grey, our counters are a dark gray granite, white gloss subway tile backsplash, and our floors are a traditional (kind of yellow/orange) oak. I picked up swatches from Sherwin Williams and like Snowbound (a more "true white" with a hint of gray undertone) and "Incredible White" and "Eider White" which have slightly more gray. I'm worried about the cabinets being too bright if I go with snowbound.. and being too grey (like dirty looking?) if I choose Eider or Incredible. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm attaching some photos.

We have recessed lights in the kitchen. And I plan on changing the window treatment and getting new bar stools after painting the cabinets.

Thanks again. :) :) :)

Comments (2)