Software
Houzz Logo Print
jasellyn

Crown Molding Help Needed!!!!

13 years ago
last modified: 13 years ago
I can't really attach any current photos because our kitchen and family room have been gutted and newly drywalled so it's completely empty. The photo I attach shows a kitchen similar to mine (minus the kitchen island and door to the right and our cabinets will reach to the ceiling with crown molding) I hope the attached link and photos will be descriptive enough. The problem we're facing is this:

We bought some gorgeous new Kraftmaid Maple Cabinets in Maple:

http://www.kraftmaid.com/products/cabinet-doors/3523/#/f:canvas

Our family room and kitchen are open to each other. My husband will be building a custom fireplace (see attached reference photo) surround and 3 piece custom crown molding (see attached photo) all done in white in our family room. We want to pull the crown molding into the kitchen as well and "wrap" the crown molding around the new canvas colored cabinets. The kitchen is an U-shape opening to the breakfast area and family room, forming what is basically a rectangle.

I have NO design/color skills and wondered if a wonderfully generous person could tell me whether it would be better to wrap the white crown molding around the canvas cabinets, or should we paint the crown molding which will wrap the cabinets the same canvas color and carry on with the white crown molding through the rest of the room...

Thank you so much in advance for your help!